11. ...I bet these memories follow you around.

A/N: Hey guys new update super early. I was inspired after a very suspicious Instagram post. No hate. I just like to live in my Stemily bubble. #SoThere

P.S. The whole Taylor Swift 1989 album has quickly become my soundtrack to this story!

Anyway...Enjoy!

Stephen's POV

We had spent most of the day at the lake with all of the kids. I was trying my best to enjoy myself but I wanted more than anything to have Emily by my side. When I called Italia she had advised against contacting Emily, but I couldn't take it anymore it had been 48 of the longest hours of my life since I heard her voice. When we were back at Jared's place in Austin, I pulled him aside.

"Do you mind covering for me?" I asked.

He smiled sympathetically. "No not at all. Go talk to your girl."

I thanked him and went upstairs praying that she would answer the phone.

I was pacing in Jared's room as I clicked on Emily's name for the fifth time. Her phone was off and I knew if I called Italia she wouldn't let me talk to her.

There was a knock on the door and Jared peaked in. "Everything alright?" He asked.

I leaned against the dresser and ran my hands through my hair.

"Her phone is off. I need to get to California right now." I went into full on panic mode.

Jared put his hands up, stopping me from walking out.

"Woah. Woah. You need to take a minute and think about this. Your daughter is downstairs right now. You don't want to lose this chance you have at being with her. Honestly she is the only reason we are all putting on a show for Cassandra. We know that you want Em here, believe me we all do too, but Mav comes first. You need to believe that Emily will still be there for you when you get back to Vancouver." Jared's speech had made a lot of sense, but I still wasn't convinced. I needed to hear the words from Emily.

Jared must've realized I wasn't going to give in because he sighed and pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Texting Gen to come up here so she can talk to Emily." He said.

I shook my head. "Emily's phone is off."

He nodded. "Yeah, but Italia's isn't and she will let Gen talk to Emily."

I smiled and thanked him. I started pacing again. It seemed like it was taking forever for Genevieve to get up here.

When she walked in I sighed in relief.

She looked at Jared. "Wow you weren't kidding. He is freaking out."

Jared nodded and I was in no state to argue with them. I knew I was a mess especially after seeing Cassandra's posts on Instagram.

Gen put the phone on speaker and Italia answered cheerfully.

"Hey Gen!"

"Hi Italia. How's the spa trip?" Gen asked.

Italia started to get into detail about some massage and I urged Gen to ask for Emily.

"That sounds amazing! Danneel and I will definitely have to take a trip out. Anyway I was wondering if I could talk to Em for a minute. I tried her phone but it's off."

Italia sighed. "Yeah she got upset because she saw some stuff on Cassandra's Instagram. Then she found out I talked to Stephen. She's just trying to relax." I immediately felt bad after hearing how Emily was feeling. I had actually enjoyed my day and she was suffering because Cassandra couldn't help but post about me and make it seem like we were happy all the time.