6. Drive out of the city, away from the crowd.

Emily's POV

"SURPRISE!" Everyone screamed and I jumped back, almost falling over, Stephen steadied me and gestured me to go into the room.

I was greeted by Colton, Fanta, Italia, and Gen.

"You didn't suspect a thing did you?" Fanta asked as she handed me a drink.

I shook my head. "I really didn't. Apparently you guys are all great at keeping secrets." I turned to Stephen and raised my eyebrow. He shrugged his shoulders and walked me over to Robbie and Jared.

"Happy Birthday Ems." Robbie gave me a hug and I got pretty much the same greeting from everyone as I made my way around the room with Stephen trailing behind me.

After I had talked to almost everyone for a few minutes I pulled Stephen into the kitchen.

"What's wrong, babe?" He asked worriedly.

I put my hand on my hip. "You're joking right?"

He shook his head and waited for me to continue.

"You do realize that this is a party at your friends house for my birthday and you're walking around holding my hand, kissing me, calling me babe, in front of everyone?!" I panicked.

He huffed. "It's not that big of a deal, Emily."

I threw my hands up. "Not that big of a deal?! Were you not there when I was arguing about the fact that you're married?!"

He sighed and put his hands on my shoulders. "Do you want your birthday present now?" He asked.

I bit my lip trying to calm myself down. He was driving me insane.

"No, Stephen. I do not want my birthday present. I want you to explain to me how the hell you though this was a good idea!"

He took a deep breath and pulled out his phone.

After a few seconds he handed it to me and told me to push play.

It was a voicemail.

"Hi Stephen, this is Eliza from Law Offices of Korol and Velen. I wanted to go ahead and give you a time and date for a meeting with Mrs. Velen about your divorce if you could---" by now the words were fading away and maybe it was because his phone had fallen out of my hand. I really didn't know. I couldn't even feel my legs under me.

"Emily?" I heard Stephen's worried tone and I immediately regained composure.

"Are you sure?" I asked him. Scared that this might just be a dream and he hasn't decided to leave Cassandra.

"I'm sure." He spoke softly and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my forehead. "You're the one I want."

"Then why did you tell me earlier that you couldn't?" I questioned.

He smiled. "I was trying to keep your mind occupied so you wouldn't find out about the party."

I smacked his arm. "You're the biggest idiot I've ever met! You could've just locked us away in your trailer to watch House of Cards."

He laughed. "Yeah that probably would've been a better idea."

I rolled my eyes and kissed him. "You know you are seriously lucky that I love you."

He smiled. "I love you too, Emily Bett Rickards."

"Okay you two little love birds come on. It's time to cut the cake." Jared said walking into the kitchen.

Stephen nodded and took my hand to guide me to the living room, but I didn't budge.

"What's wrong?"