7. I thought, heaven can't help me now.

Emily's POV

I fell into Stephen's embrace and tried to forget everything that we were risking, by being here.

"You know I wouldn't mind staying here all night with you, but it looks like Ophie is ready to go." He said pointing to a very tired dog laying a few feet in front of us.

I stood up and he smiled sadly, upon noticing my shirt.

"What?" I asked.

"You said you only needed that shirt to keep you sane in all the craziness." He said.

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

"I want you to be okay. I don't want you to have to run away from me when things get hard. I want you to depend on me." He spoke sincerely, but I didn't know how to respond.

"Em?" He questioned.

I grabbed Ophie's leash and made my way to my car.

"Emily?" He came after me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

He didn't answer simply nodded and walked to his car. I was grateful that he knew when to walk away. I needed time to let everything sink in and I knew that he needed time to change his mind, if that was what he wanted.

I pulled up to my apartment complex and Italia was sitting in the hallway with Gen.

They both stood up quickly when they noticed me.

"EBR are you okay?" Italia asked concerned.

I didn't answer. I opened the door and they followed me inside.

"You abruptly left the party. Everyone is worried." Gen stated.

I sat down on the couch and wrapped my blanket around me.

"Are we going to get anything out of you?" Italia asked.

I shook my head.

"Stephen's really freaking out right now. He's at my place with Robbie and Mav."

Mavi. How could I forget that this was Stephen's time with her? I was here throwing a tantrum and he could've been spending quality time with his almost 1 year old daughter.

"Honestly Em, what's going on?" Gen asked.

"How am I supposed to ruin a family? Can either of you tell me how this is okay? Mavi isn't even a year old yet and I'm tearing her parents apart!" I exclaimed.

Italia and Genevieve sat on either side of me.

"Do you think that Cassandra and Stephen staying in a loveless marriage is good for Mav?" Italia questioned.

I didn't say anything.

"That's what I thought." She added.

Gen grabbed my hand and made me look at her.

"I have had the opportunity to spend time with Stephen and Cassandra, and Stephen with you. Let me tell you there is no comparison. He is so in love with you and you should be jumping at the chance to be with someone who truly cares for you. You know how me and Jared met right?" She asked.

I shook my head. I had never even thought about it. Now my curiosity was spiked.

"How?" I asked.

She smiled. I imagined because she was recalling the memory. "Have you ever watched Supernatural?" She asked.

"I've seen a few recent episodes with Stephen, but that's about it." I admitted.

She laughed and grabbed my remote. She opened Netflix and scrolled down to Supernatural. It was now on my favorites list because of Stephen.