3. Say you'll remember me

Stephen's POV

I pulled up to my apartment to my disgrace. I quickly text Robbie to let me know how Emily was when he left.

As I made my way to the front door, my phone buzzed. It was Robbie.

-Dumbass. I don't know why you even bothered to get her hopes up.

-What are you talking about Rob?

-I know why you took her to that dinner. You wanted to spend a little more time with her, but now you're back in your comfy bubble with your wife and she's crying on her living room floor.

As I read his message I ran back to my car, not bothering to go inside and talk to Cassandra. I needed to see Emily. I needed to be with Emily.

I knocked on the door and heard movement, but no one answered.

"Emily, come on. Let me in." I pleaded, but all I got was silence.

"Emily? Please. I just want to talk." I begged.

Silence.

"Fine, but I'm just going to sit here all night and wait for you to let me in. Let your neighbors wonder who the creepy guy—" I was cut off to the door opening and I wasn't greeted by her beautiful smile, but a sad one, her hair a mess, and her eyes puffy and red.

"What's going on with us?" I asked walking inside.

She shook her head and groaned. "How the hell am I supposed to know, Stephen? I mean I am only 23 years old! How could I have fallen for my married co-star?!"

"Wait what?" I stood their shocked. The words had never actually been said aloud. It was weird. In my heart I knew that we had feelings for each other, but for her to say it as if it were the most casual thing in the world threw me off.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh. Come on. Don't act like it's that big of a surprise. We have been walking on egg shells around each other since our first day back to set. You know that I love you and I know, well at least I think that you feel the same way, but you're married, you have a kid, and you're 10 freaking years older than me. All the signs point to just walk away, this is a huge mistake, but of course I don't listen to my brain, I listen to my heart and my heart is telling me to—"

She stopped her rant abruptly, as if she were afraid of the words that were about to come out of her mouth.

"What's your heart telling you?" I asked.

She stared at the ground. I walked over to her and gently turned her face to look into my eyes. "Emily?"

Emily's POV

My eyes met his and I couldn't hold back anymore. I would have to figure out a way to forgive myself later, because there was definitely no going back now.

I kissed him. I kissed Stephen and it was the best worst decision I had ever made. We fell into the moment and he led me to the couch, things were escalating too quickly for my liking and I pushed him off.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, worriedly.

I shook my head and grabbed my shirt off of the ground. "I'm sorry. I can't do this, better yet I won't do this. You should go."

"You're kicking me out again." He said in disbelief.

I stood up and walked to the door. "What else do you expect me to do here, Stephen? You have a family at home waiting for you. I can't be the other woman."

He came over to me and pulled me into him. "You're not the other woman, Emily. How can I get you to understand that?"

I shook my head. "You're kidding right? I'm not the wife, which makes me the other woman, nothing can change that. You will never leave Cassandra and I would never ask you to anyway. That's not fair to Mavi. It's like you don't realize everything that's at stake by you being here right now, our jobs for one, your family, your reputation. Do you think that anyone is going to care about all of your charity work once a cheating scandal breaks with you at the center of it all?"