Chapter 4

Steve Rogers POV

Believe it or not I'm still trying to get used to the new way of life. But it's not as bad as 15 gears ago. I'm walking around outside in Central Park when I hear my 15 year old daughter, Courtney sneak up behind me.

"Gotcha! Awwww did the famous Captain America get scared?"

"Never scared just caught off guard."

I try to make her life as normal as possible. After her mother was killed in an accident, I feel guilty. Guilty about not saving her. For not being there, but I don't let her see that. Courtney has long blonde wavy hair with brown streaks in it, like her mother and has my blue eyes. She also has a bright smile that lights up the darkest room just like her mother. Suddenly my phone rings and I answer.

"Hello?"

I stand there for a while listening to the unknown caller.

"We need you to come in and you should bring your daughter with you as well.'

"How do you know about my daughter?"

"Captain, we know everything. Including the real cause of your wife's death."

That just put me over the edge.

"Ok fine. I'm going to need a place and time though."

"Alright see you there."

I called my daughter over.

"Courtney!"

"Yeah dad. What's wrong?"

"We need to be somewhere."

"Yes sir!"

She ran ahead to get in the car as I chuckled at her enthusiasm about everything.

Courtney's POV

Yeah so my dad is the famous Captain America. My mom died in an accident though we don't know the whole story. It's summer now. Schools out and my dad and I spend our days doing nothing. I'm 15 years old and about to become a sophomore in high school. I must have gained some physical qualities from my dad because I have endurance and strength better than the guys at school. Now I'm not like super buff like those body builders cause that's so unattractive especially the women. But I do have muscles. I play soccer, volleyball, cheerleading, lacrosse, track(cross country, dashes, javelin and discus), flag football, softball, basketball and martial arts. Yeah I know what your thinking. Wow she a girl and can do all of that? Yes I can and you better believe it. I will take you down any day. But you would have never guessed that I play all of those sports and work out just for the heck if it. I even box a little. I go with my dad somedays. I get good grades and all and I participate in clubs. But today some guy called my dad and now we are off to who knows where so yea off on an adventure we go!