Chapter One ~ Dark Waters

• Bismillahirahmanalrahim •

Please if you guys haven't prayed yet make sure you stop reading, pray and return. This story can wait but Allah (swt) only knows that time doesn't.

Enjoy reading and May Allah (swt) grant all those reading this firdous.

Salams,
Your Sister In Islam
----------------------------------------------
Adam's POV

Emptiness.

Numbness.

That's all I can feel.

It's funny because you think I would be happy. I literally have it all.

To illustrate all I had to do was look around me. I was perched on the edge of my skyscraper on my very own island. To my back were six helipads all of which I owned, beneath me was the largest and most exclusive party of the year, to my right were lines of yachts I possessed and to my left were cascades of luxury cars. Looking down my Rolex watch sparkled in the moonlight, light bouncing off the encrusted diamonds.

I invented the Internet for Gods sake! I had so much money I made a pool which I filled with notes. But despite all that...I still felt empty. I tried to fill up this whole in my heart with drugs of every assortment, a different companion every night, alcohol galore but nothing worked.

You see the truth is...money does not buy happiness and I am the perfect example, I am the richest man in the world yet I can't remember the last time I genuinely smiled.

I looked beneath me at the glistening dark waters, their power always enticed me yet today stronger than ever. Their siren voice coaxing me, whispering my name in its sultry voice, Adam, Adam.

Today I would respond.

And with that thought I plunged below. 71 stories high I jumped into the enveloping abyss of the ocean. It was dark. It was cold. It was a welcoming relief.

They say when you're about to die your life flashes before you. Mine didn't so I decided to instigate the process a little. I thought about my birth and the constant blur that surrounded the faces of my biological parents. I think back to Christmas holidays with the Summers family, my foster family, showering me with unconditional love. I reminisce in my early tertiary education days, so determined to change the world, to "make it big." And make it big I did by inventing a means by which virtually anyone across the world is able to share data and interact, commonly known as the Internet.

It pretty much went downhill from there. The corporate world is cruel and relentless which meant I had to play the part. But that's all it is, a game, a puppet show and when the curtains are drawn and the mask comes off you are left with nothing but the pitiful company of your decaying soul. This life it eats at you, contaminating your very being and leaves you empty and lonely.

I think of the dreams I had, I was so passionate and so I achieved those dreams. But these dreams have become nightmares and I crave escape.

My end is drawing near, I feel it as my body struggles to inhale oxygen. But my mind is calm, I have contributed no good to this world but at least now I will be saving the world from my empty soul. Unconsciousness is not foreign to me and soon I begin to see the familiar black dots dancing around my vision.

I will not be missed or mourned or even remembered. I never knew my real family. My foster family died in a freak car accident. I am one of those rich people whom are absent from the media eye, the most influential are, and so my death may be a small segment on page 18 of a newspaper. I sold the Internet years ago on the commission of one cent per page viewed and considering 3.5 billion search queries are processed daily this entails a nice 35 million dollars a day but the point is I have no secretary or accountant who will miss me. I never cared to believe in God, despite discovering that I was Muslim by birth but all I kept of that was my name and so wasn't hoping for some luxurious afterlife.

I realise now that I spent so much time trying to build my life that I never was able to live it. I was born alone and at the ripe old age of 27 I shall die alone.

Darkness suddenly immerses me and I gladly welcome it...