Chapter Ten ~ Changes

• Bismillahirahmanalrahim •

Please if you guys haven't prayed yet make sure you stop reading, pray and return. This story can wait but Allah (swt) only knows that time doesn't.

Alhamdulilah I'm back and ready to provide some halal entertainment that will bring some benefit inshallah. A big jazakallahukheiran to all of you beautiful people who have continued to support me, I really appreciate it. Without further or do, enjoy and keep me in your Duas as you are in mine.

Enjoy reading and May Allah (swt) grant all those reading this firdous.

Salams,
Your Sister In Islam
----------------------------------------------
Adam's POV

I sat there just watching her furiously scribble in her notes, absentmindedly chewing her nails. She was definitely something, that was for sure. You didn't find girls like that everyday. I had to give it to her parents, they did a great job raising Dr Rayyaan aka mamacita. I mentally chuckled at the nickname that she so despised which only made me use it more. 

But she wasnt for me. Don't get me wrong I had a lot of respect for her as a healthcare professional and person but she just wasn't my type. Too...outgoing and caring. I needed someone shallow and vain like myself.

"Come in Mr Summer's" her voice floated and my thoughts were cutt off.

"Mamacita how are you?! Long time no see doc" I cockily replied to which she simply rolled her eyes. "I'm going go pretend you didn't say that and start with session number 4. Hows the leg?"

"Far out the leg gets more attention than me" I mumbled, "Fits like a charm"

"Excellent, that's great to hear. Have you been doing your exercises?"

"Of course doc, a body like this doesn't make itself" I winked

"Astaghfirallah, you'll be the death of me" she whispered "Concentrate Summer's!"

"OK OK, yes I have. I can stand for about 3 seconds flat and then it's all over" I grumbled

"That's great! Remember Mr Summer's you're making amazing progress and it's already been only one month. With the right attitude, you'll be out of here in no time inshallah"

"That word! I searched it by the way. You're Muslim"

"Great job Einstein! Now let's get to work. I want you lean one hand on the railing and one arm on me. We're going to be walking today Summer's"

Ukh! I hated showing weakness to anyone and these sessions were all about weakness. I couldn't be confident and cold Mr Summer's when she would push me like that. In those moments when I was sweating, out of breath and struggling to merely stand I was simply... Adam.

Rayyaan's POV

I could feel the shift. When we were training he wasn't the cocky, distant rich boy. He was in his purest form, putting everything into just standing up, something I take for granted. Alhamdulilah what a blessing. 

Something else had also changed. Every now and then my heart would do a little flutter when he would call me 'mamacita' which I ended up finding out meant an attractive little lady. Did he...really mean that? And the puzzling thing was that there wasn't anything particularly attractive about him. I mean other than a pure physical aspect, he was rude, pretentious and self-absorbed. But in these sessions I got to see glimmers of who the real Adam Summer's is. Someone who was hurting, someone who was hard working and kind. Astaghfirallah but he wasn't Muslim-

I was snapped out of my thoughts when his body suddenly gave way and collapsed on me. "Oof-" he grunted as he tried to untangle himself only making it worse. This was horrible for his progress!

"I'm so sorry-" he began but I cut him off.

"Okay Summers, don't worry. We're just going to take this slowly. Now take you're time and concentrate. I want you to trust me okay?"

"Okay" he whispered, still embarrassed.

Adam's POV

What had I done? This was mortifying and I could see that Dr Rayyaan was clearly uncomfortable under my weight but then again who could blame her. Having 100 kilos of muscles on top of you was surely- concentrate Summers! I chided myself.

"Close your eyes"

"Wha-"

"Just shut up and listen. Now close your eyes" she snapped. God she was cute when she was angry.

Focus!

"Whatever you say mamacita, eyes closed" and I could feel her shooting death stares. 

"Good. Now grab on to the rail with both hands. Get a nice good grip because this isn't going to be easy."

This time I quietly obeyed.

"You're doing great. Okay so now I want you to pull yourself. Not all the way but just enough so I can get up and then you can lean on me for support. So take a deep breaths and Bismillah"

Call it fate or spur of the moment but I whispered the word "Bismillah" and pulled. My muscles screamed having already been pushed for the previous 30 minutes of the session. My arms shook. "I can't, I can't do it Rayyaan"

"Yes you can. I have full faith in you. Now try again. Bismillah."

I fully focused this time, putting all my energy into that rail. I pulled with all my might and at first nothing happened. But then inch by inch I felt my body rising and defying gravity.

Quick as a flash, Rayyaan was up and by my side helping me till I was upright.

Rayyaan's POV

Our breathes were in sync, huffing and puffing, trying to regain their usual pattern.

I raised my gaze to see how he was doing only to see his eyes fixed on my face.

Adam's POV

Something happened in that moment. As my eyes stayed transfixed on her, I couldn't help but feel something stir deep within my soul.

But the moment was short lived as she snapped back to reality and bright as a tomato congratulated me on my progress and dismissed me 15 minutes early. 

Well that was weird...