Chapter Four ~ Psych 101

• Bismillahirahmanalrahim •

Please if you guys haven't prayed yet make sure you stop reading, pray and return. This story can wait but Allah (swt) only knows that time doesn't.

Enjoy reading and May Allah (swt) grant all those reading this firdous.

Salams,
Your Sister In Islam
----------------------------------------------
Adam's POV

"And how did that make you feel?" The psychologist whom I had forgotten her name asked. Annoying was an understatement and if it wasn't for the fact that I needed her 'tick of approval' to eventually get out of here then I would've flipped the table hours ago. I mean, seriously, cut the pity act.

An idea suddenly popped into my head so I rolled in my new 'chair' and closed the door. I then proceeded to close all the blinds and turned off the lights. "M-mr Summers. What are you d-doing?" She asked in her mouse voice. "We're going to play a game little girl" I replied sultrily. She fumbled under my gaze and I could see her mind running wild with all sorts of crazy fantasies. I mentally chuckled...me with a girl like her?! When hell freezes over. Literally.

"Listen and listen closely because I'm only going to say this once. You're a new graduate, you seem like a girl from a small town, daddy didn't have much dough but you had big dreams. You set off into the city with raw determination, naive stupidity and with a little bit of luck you made it through university. But that came at a price, student fees are pretty high and statistics shows that you'll probably finish paying off your fees in your 30's. Now that doesn't really go well with your dreams to open your own clinic as well as your hopes to settle down. And you wouldn't dare ask daddy for money because of your pride so I'll make you a deal-"
"W-what?! How did you k-know??" She stuttered.

"Don't interrupt me sweet cakes. And I can read you like an open book" I replied when in reality I got this off the receptionist after some bribing. She looked at me with her mouth agape and I couldn't help but shut that little mouth to which she turned bright red. Amateurs, I thought with a mental eye roll.

"As I was saying, this is where I come in...I'm prepared to pay off all your student loans along with an extra $300,000 for your business on the condition that you write in that little book of yours how well Mr.Summers is doing and that his mental state is fit for him to leave this wretched place. But you better keep your trap shut tightly for if I know that you ran your mouth in the slightest bit then I will make your life a living hell. And believe me when I tell you that I'd make your life so miserable that death will be a luxury. I can read you like an open book sweetie and so you better be a good little girl. I'll give you a week to think about it...See you next week" I concluded winking at her. Good going Summers I mentally praised.

I then tried to wheel myself out of her little office but failed quite miserable as I wasn't really used to this new form of transportation. She continued to gape at me so I simply said, "Uh take a picture, it'll last longer. Get up and help me!" She hurriedly stood up and scrambled to get me back to my room.

Once I was back in my room, I sighed. Despite my stoney facade I was just a boy who wanted to feel loved by someone. And not necessarily a romantic type of love but just to feel wanted by someone, anyone. I know this was all my own doing as I continued to push people away with money. But I guess I was secretly hoping for someone who would push through that. Who wouldn't succumb to my bribes, no matter how high. Someone who would fight to see the real me. The boy, Adam Summers, who loves cookies and cream ice cream, playing PlayStation and walks on the beach. But no one did. Everyone accepted my money, my power and prestige. It's a cruel world and most are greedy and selfish. Myself included I must admit.

And I guess that was what intrigued me about the old man beside me. His prayer for me despite my harsh treatment. That type of character wasn't something you saw everyday. Believe me, I know.

And as I slowly drifted to sleep I thought to myself, maybe he's the one that will bring back the old Adam Summers...