Chapter Two ~ Shocking Truth

• Bismillahirahmanalrahim •

Please if you guys haven't prayed yet make sure you stop reading, pray and return. This story can wait but Allah (swt) only knows that time doesn't.

Enjoy reading and May Allah (swt) grant all those reading this firdous.

Salams,
Your Sister In Islam
----------------------------------------------
Adam's POV

"Mr Summers"

"Mr Summers"

"Mr-"

"Yeah.?" I replied groggily. Where was I? If this was the afterlife then it sure wasn't pretty.

"Mr Summers, my name is Evangeline and I'm a nurse here at the Royal Hospital. Now can you tell me your name please?"

"My name? Adam. Adam Summers."

"Excellent Mr Summers. Now what can you last remember?"

"I I-" I replied. I tried to remember what had happened to me. My memory was strained but it finally came to me. The lights, the drinks. The rooftop. Jumping. Falling. Blackness. Ugh I can't even get suicide right! But considering I am alive there's no way I'm telling them it was suicide. That would really effect my career prospects, if I choose to return that it. "I fell off my skyscraper" I said.

"Mhm you expect me to believe that Mr Summers. I'm sure if you owned a skyscraper I would have seen your name in the papers. Now try again..."

I rolled my eyes and simply looked around for something to prove it to her. My eyes fell upon my Rolex watch behind the jug of water on my bedside table. I reached out for it and motioned for her hand. She cautiously stuck out her hand and I fastened the watch on her wrist. "This is a Rolex GMT. This costs $500,000. These diamonds are very real. You can have it...Now do you believe me?"

I was met with the nurses mouth hanging open in shock and I almost smiled. Almost.

"Well t-then. Thank you s-so much Mr Summers. I-"

"Don't mention it. Seriously. Just forget it happened. So what's the damage?"

"Huh?" She relied still stunned. "Oh y-yes. I'm afraid Mr Summers that we have some rather confronting news. After you fell into the ocean, it was very cold and it was estimated that you were lying there for almost 24 hours. As a result you suffered from severe hypothermia. It's a miracle you're alive really but unfortunately...your leg was beyond repair. It had to be-"

Without waiting for her to finish I ripped off the blanket and gasped. My. Leg. Was. Gone. My. Leg. Was. Gone. My. Leg. Was. GONE. And in its place was a bandaged stump. I didn't know what to feel. I drowned out the nurses words but did manage to catch 'amputation.' However seeing I was clearly not listening to her she left saying she'd be back later to discuss treatment options.

I just stared at the remainder of my leg. My thigh looked fine but trailing my eyes down to my knee and that's were it ended. Quite literally. I clenched my jaw. This is couldn't be happening to me. THIS COULDN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME! I refused to acknowledge this. Not me. Not Adam Summers.

Three Days Later...

"Mr Summers you have to eat" Evangeline begged. I didn't reply. I didn't know what I was trying to prove but I was damn adamant about it. That meant no food, no water and no sleep. I have to admit though my resolve was beginning to wear thin. At this point I was living off adrenalin.

"Mr Summers, your condition is still critical. You have to eat!" She tried again. I turned my face away from her and turned to look out the window instead. I would never be able to walk again. Never feel the sand in my toes. Never drive my Lamborghinis. Never even dress myself.

Almost as though reading my thoughts Evangeline said, "You know you could leave if you actually started taking care of yourself. We haven't discussed your treatment yet because of your self punishment but there is the option of a bionic leg. Technology has really improved them and it can even be matched to your skin tone, connected to your nerves and it's like brand new. But none of that will happen until you start eating Mr Summers."

My curiously peaked at that point and I turned towards her. Seeing my signs of responsiveness she eagerly continued, "You can be walking again Mr Summers. You can have your life back. Now I'm not saying it's going to be easy but it is very well possible. Just eat...please" I looked into her brown eyes. Eyes so brown you could barely distinguish between her iris and pupil. These eyes were delicately decorated with smile wrinkles and covered with large glasses. Her mocha brown skin was filled with deep engravings of her happy life, that was clear. Looking down I saw a simply gold band on her left ring finger and what seemed to be pictures sticking out of her uniform pocket. Her name tag was decorated with stickers and smiley faces and for a split second she reminded me of my mother, or foster mother rather. But that split second was long gone and my features resumed their stormed positions and my sharp jawline turned away.

She sighed deeply. "I tried..." She mumbled as she left the room. As much as I tried to deny it I felt guilty. So I begrudgingly picked up the spoon and proceeded to consume this thick clump which was supposedly 'chicken and rice.'

An hour later she returned and I quickly closed my eyes. I heard her sniffle as she removed my plate and just before she left she placed her palm on my forehead and whispered, "May God Bless You."