1 (Maya)

My art class, it's getting dissolved. The only thing in the world that makes me the tiniest bit proud of myself is being taken away from me.

I should've seen this coming. All good things in my life end.

"Well I don't want that for Maya." Lucas says, making me pay attention to what's happening in the classroom. I turn around and he looks straight at me. "I want Maya to be happy." He says as he gestures his hand in my direction.

"Hey Maya, looks like Lucas here is getting all fired up on your behalf." Zay says as he points to Lucas, then he gives me a look I can't quite understand.

"Thank you Lucas but it's just an art class." I try my best to hide my frustration and I just end up sounding sad. This art class really means a lot to me but I'm not gonna go telling anyone about it.

Lucas ends up looking way more frustrated than he did earlier. "I feel bad. They're taking away something you're very good at." He gives me a sad look.

Things are getting heavy. "Well, you've never said that to me before." I decide to tease him a little just to lighten up the mood. We're usually never this serious around each other. Why is he getting all fired up for me right now anyway?

A smile appears on his face then he quickly says, "I've said it."

"Well yeah, but not like straight to my face while you were looking at me. I can't remember you actually--"

"You're a great artist Maya." He cuts me off. He's looking straight at me and I can't help but look right back.

"Well he's lookin' at 'ya now." Zay comments with a teasing tone from behind Lucas.

I don't even look away from him to give Zay a warning look to end his teasing.

"You have a real talent and I want you to be able to get better and share it with people." He starts again with the same tone of frustration from earlier. But now I feel like he actually does care. Nobody usually cares about me enough to say things like this except Riley.

"Now they're just lookin' at each other not sayin' nothin'. Are they sayin' anything? No." Zay says with a teasing tone. "I wonder what they're thinking." Then I hear the whole room go silent.

I look away from Lucas and then I look at Zay. He has a smug look all over his face.

"I don't want them to take your art class Maya." Lucas says again while we're still looking at each other.

When are you gonna look away Friar? Quit looking at me. Please.

Then Riley speaks up so I look in her direction quickly but something's still on my mind. Why was he staring at me like that? "Bay window. Bay window in five hours." He's never looked at me like that before.

Stop Maya. Stop! "Okay." Is all I manage to get out of my mouth.

"Who's gonna do something about art class?" Lucas asks to no one in particular.

I do my best to get back my composure and say, "I'm sure that'll be Riley." Then I turn to her. I manage to get out a smile as I do so.

"Nope." Is the only things she says.

Mr. Matthews assumes it's a cue for him to speak. "Well I know you guys would like me to step in--" Then Riley interrupts.

"Nope. This is bigger than all of us."

---

We've all been trying to think of ways to save the art class but none of our ideas seemed to be good enough. I wanted this art class to be saved and Riley already knows it. She got me to admit that the art class is something that I really do care about. I don't want it taken away.

We're at Topangas sitting down looking all depressed. I look at Zay and he's just looking at all of us one by one with a weird expression. He does it for a while but then he stands up.

"Well you are harder to look at than usual." He says, sounding exasperated. "I mean all broken and pouty and stuff," he says with hand gestures.

I glance at Riley and it seems like she's still in deep thought about something.

"Lucas used to tell me all about you when I was back in Texas. You were legends." He gestures his hand to Farkle's direction, "The genius who's kind and loyal." I look at farkle and he just sits there but a small hint of pride appears on his face, hearing that Lucas talks about him like that.

"The blonde beauty," Zay says but I didn't see where he gestured his hand to so I decide to have fun with it.

"Lucas talks about himself like that?" I laugh a bit and I give Lucas a teasing look. But then everyone goes silent.

I look at Zay and he's looking at me. He says, "He was talking about you."

I still had the smile on my face from my joke earlier as I say, "Oh." But then it hit me. Lucas talked about me and he described me as the blonde beauty. "Oh." I say again but this time I sound completely confused.

I look at Lucas and he looks uneasy. Then I turn to Riley and her eyes are wide open like she's just realized something. What is happening?

--

Today has been so complicated. Things have happened and I don't know how to not feel something about them.

I never wanted to think of what I have been feeling but right now it's like it's being thrown in my face. I don't wanna feel what I'm feeling for him.

But it had always been there.

***

A/N: I know that the two scenes here are just scenes from GMW but I promise there will be more original scenes and some scenes from GMW that I will change a bit to fit the kind of storyline I want for this fanfic :)

-ntbr