I dont need anything more

Lauren's POV

It's been about a month since we moved from LA to Nashville and Christina thinks it's a good idea that we volunteer at church to get to know some people. We're volunteering for VBS which if you don't know what that is, it's basically babysitting kids for a few hours at church (which most parents at our church have signed up for to get a break from their kids). Me and my sisters all love kids so we thought it could be fun. Christina also said that there are a lot of high school kids that are mine and Dani's age who are volunteering. So I guess it could be a good opportunity to get to know people.

Later that day

We just got to the church and we had to get there 30 minutes early so that we could go over what everyone was doing. I looked around and there were a lot more people volunteering that looked my age than I thought there would be. A girl named Brooke who looked about 25 started telling people what games we were going to be playing with the kids and that we would be split into different color teams. There were about 110 kids that would be coming over the next few days so they had to split them into different color groups. People started going to their different stations to get ready and Brooke walked up to me and my sisters.

"Hi! I'm Brooke! I talked to your sisters already and told them who they would be volunteering with."

"It's nice to meet you I'm Lauren!" I said politely. "Where do you need me to help?"

"You are actually going to be helping Josh with kids on the blue team. He's the one right over there in the white t-shirt."

I looked across the room where she was pointing and saw a boy with dark brown hair in a white shirt, with a navy blue bandana around his forehead. Whoa he is really cute. And vbs is 3 days of volunteering. I do not think this is going to be to bad.

"JOSH!" Brooke yelled for him and he jogged over.

"What's up?"

"This is Lauren, she's gonna help you with the kids this week."

"Hi I'm Josh. It's nice to meet you." He said with a cheeky smile. He had deep dimples that made him have the most attractive smile you could ever imagine.

"Hi... I'm Lauren" I said trying not to sound as nervous as I actually was.

Brooke had left at this point and Josh and I started small talking. He asked if he had seen me around anywhere since I hadn't looked familiar which led to me telling him why we moved from La to Nashville. And all throughout the day he was really sweet. He introduced me to his friends who he had been close with since grade school; Shane, Alex, Robert and Drew. He was also really good with kids. And let's face it a hot guy who is good with kids becomes 10x more attractive than the already are. He also introduced me to his twin sister Jacy who was really pretty. Both Josh and Jacy had bright blue eyes but Jacy had blonde hair and Josh had brown. But I guess that is one of the many reasons they are not identical twins haha. By the end of the day I was exhausted but Josh and Jacy had walked up to me, dani and Lisa after we finished and asked if we wanted to go to lunch with them and some of their friends who we had met that day. I really hoped my sisters wanted to go because it's been hard leaving my friends in California and not having any here. I've felt out of place for a while and I feel like this could help be the start of making new friends.

Even if I've never had a guy as one of my close friends, I just wanted to feel comfortable and have fun with someone again so I just hope I can find that friendship in Josh. And something as simple as going to lunch with him and his family and friends could help me start with something.
And even if he is cute, I'm just looking for a friend. I don't need anything more than a friend right now.