Infatuation

Josh's POV

I felt my heart drop. I haven't been asked this directly about my dad before. But that's because most people that I'm friends with already know what happened and they don't ask. I start thinking that maybe if I tell her she won't ask to many questions. I could tell that my face was flushed with emotion and I probably looked ghost white.

Josh- " Uhm he uh... He actually passed away about a year and a half ago." I said it and looked at her with begging eyes not to ask me anymore questions about him.
Christina- " oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I had no idea."
Josh- " No it's okay. There's no way you could have known."

I could tell Christina felt bad about asking so I forced a smile and then suggested we go to the living room to hang out with Lauren and Lisa. After that awkward moment in the kitchen with Christina, it actually turned out to be a great night. Lauren's family is really nice and even though they asked a lot of questions I think they like me. I think they also see that it's just a friendship and that there is nothing to worry about. They probably got that because I mess with Lauren so much that it's nearly impossible to confuse.
Me and Lauren then went outside and sat on her back patio by the fire pit by ourselves to hang out. We started joking around and laughing.

Lauren-" So your really close to those 4 guys but who are you closest to?"
Josh- " Probably shane. When I moved from Florida to Nashville he was the first friend that I made. We're really different but he's always been there for me."
Lauren- " Does he have a girlfriend?"
Josh- "No he isn't really the relationship type."
Lauren- "Oh well now that we're friends you have to keep my secrets right? And you said you can keep up with the girl talk I'm gonna be doing"
Josh- " Duh I'm a great secret keeper. And I don't girl talk back I'm just good at listening"
Lauren- "Well he's been flirting with me a lot these past couple of days and he's really cute. So I was just wondering what you thought."
Josh- " Uhm I mean Shane's an awesome friend. He's always there to support you when you need it and cheer you up when your having a bad day. But just be careful."
Lauren- "Why be careful? You just said he's great?"
Josh- "He is a great friend. But like I said... He's just not a relationship guy."

Shane is my best friend so I'm trying not to make him sound like a bad guy. He's awesome but he's a player. He is a bad guy when it comes to being respectful in a relationship. He thrives off of girls catching feelings for him. But as soon as they do he finds someone else because he doesn't want to get serious with a girl. And he's been known not to treat girls the best. But like I told Lauren I've been friends with him forever. I can't tell her all of that without being a bad friend to him. So I just have to give her that warning and hopefully she will get it before she gets to caught up in his game.

Lauren- "Well it's not to serious we've just been texting. He said he's taking tomorrow off of work so he could come to the bbq so we can hang out."
Josh-" Rough. I got ditched fast for Shane hahah" I laughed but I was actually kind of bummed because both of them are gonna be hanging out with each other and I'll just be the awkward third wheel.
Lauren-"No you're not ditched!  Haha it's just three friends hanging out. It will be fun!"

Fast forward to the night of the BBQ...

Like I said... I was left out. The third wheel with my friend since 3rd grade and the girl who I've just befriended these last couple of weeks. Lauren was infatuated with him I could tell. And I  could see it in Shane's eyes that he could tell what she was feeling too. There's no way that this is going to end good, I can feel it.