Chapter 6:

The reception was beautiful. There were fairy lights everywhere, the lights were dim and everyone was dancing around on the dance floor to the music being played by the DJ. We ate a delicious dinner consisting of steak for me and chicken tenders for the kids and afterwards I watched my father dance around like a total dork with my two children. Emmi and Mason were giggling away at their grandpas crazy moves and I couldn't help but smile.

Even though they barely met a week prior, my parents loved the twins with everything in them.

"Mommy. I thirsty," Emmi mumbled, making her way over to me.

"Should we go get you some water then?" She nodded her head as I lifted her into my arms. I made sure that my dad was okay watching Mason for a little while, then Emmi and I made our way over to the drink bar.

I got Emmi her water and the two of us stood in the corner while she sipped away at her cold drink. I was so distracted by making sure Emmi didn't spill her drink down the front of her pink dress that I barely didn't hear my name being called.

"Rea!" I looked around the room and then my eyes landed on Lucy walking over to me dragging a very disheveled looking Aaron behind her.

They were obviously off doing something, if you know what I mean. They really need to learn how to be subtle about it.

"Hi Lucy," I said, suppressing a laugh.

"Hey, do you want to dance?" she offered holding her hand out to me.

"Oh, I don't know. You know I suck at dancing. The I'll just stay here. You can go dance with Mason and dad, though," I joked, pointing in the direction of our father. He was awkwardly showing Mason how to do a very bad version of the robot. He's always thought he was good at that move, but boy was he wrong. He looked more like an old man getting electrocuted. We never had the heart to tell him how bad he was though.

"Awe, come on," she whined, popping out her bottom lip.

"That's not going to work on me. Go dance with your husband. Oh, and next time you guys get down and dirty, make sure you put yourself back together," I giggled, using my free hand to wipe away a smudge of lipstick on Aaron's cheek.

They both went red at my words as I walked around them, but when my eyes caught sight of the ballroom entrance, I completely lost all air in my body.

I stopped in my tracks, hugging Emmi tighter to my body as I could literally feel all color drain from my face.

"Rea are you oka- oh my god," Lucy said, noticing who I was looking at.

I couldn't look away. I just couldn't because there at the entrance, stood Chase. He was dressed in a pair of simple black dress pants and a white button up shirt, with his hair neatly done.

My kids and their father were in the exact same room this very moment!

"What is he doing here?" I managed to get out, turning my attention to Lucy and Aaron, who were just as surprised as me.

"I don't know. I never invited him. Aaron, would you know?" Lucy nudged him in the side, while he looked at me with an apologetic smile.

"Yeah. I invited him. It was months ago, though, and he said he couldn't make it, so I never thought about him actually showing up. I'm sorry Rea,"