Chapter 8:

-Chase's POV-

"I never cheated on you Chase! They're yours god dammit! You're their father!"

That was all it took for my whole body go numb. I could feel all the color drain from my face with the word that she had screamed at me.

You're their father....

You're their father....

You're their father....

She has to be lying, right? I can't have kids. 

I stared back at Rea whose hand was covering her mouth. She looked almost as pale me. I looked down the little girl in her arms that looked pretty much identical to Rea. She didn't look like me. Not really. But then the more I stared at her the more I realized how much she really did look like me.

She had my eyes.

No!

She's not mine. She can't be. I don't want kids and I never do.

Rea began to speak, but I quickly cut her off. "Chase, I'm so sor-,"

"No! Don't say sorry. I'll help you find your kid since you apparently don't know how to watch him, but after that I'm gone. I'm not gonna let you push some other guys kids onto me," I turned around and began to walk in the other direction, my stomach twisting and turning. I felt like I was going to be sick.

Rea's gorgeous face with tears in her eyes was sketched into my head along with that little girl who just so happened to be my........ daughter?

I stopped and leaned against the wall, trying to push away the sickening feeling in my stomach. I felt a headache coming on, but I did my best to ignore it.

Pushing myself away from the wall, I began to walk down the long hotel hallway in search for a little boy.

I wasn't sure why I was helping Rea. Maybe it was because of the panicked and heartbroken look on her face when she realized her kid was gone. Maybe I was just going crazy. I wasn't sure. I stopped again to regain my balance. I had gotten dizzy all of a sudden. I was thinking way to hard.

When I was for sure okay again, I kept on walking. I tried my best to stay focused on something other than Rea, but a dinging sound caught my attention. I looked around, but no one was anywhere to be found.

Dammit. I really am going crazy.

I kept walking and I heard the ding again.

I ignored it but when I passed a little cutout in the wall something caught my attention.

In the cutout of the wall were the elevators and next to the elevators was a small boy standing on his tippy toes and pushing the elevator's down- button. He kept pushing it and the elevator opened, makings loud 'dinging' noise.

The boy waited for the doors to close again before pushing the button yet again. He had a satisfied smile on his face, that was my until he looked back and saw me watching him.

His eyes widened and he backed into the wall.

"Ow," he said, pointing up to me. He must've remembered me from when he ran into me the night before.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just here to take you back to your mom," I said, sounding as nice as I possibly could. It sounded forced since I was obviously in a horrible mood, but I was hoping that the toddler wouldn't be able to notice.

He narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head.

"Momma say no talkin' to strangers," I rolled my eyes.