Chapter 15:

~Chase's POV~

When Rea left the room, I let out a relieved sigh. She hadn't kicked me out like I assumed she would. Well, she tried, but didn't succeed. That was my only fear when I spontaneously decided to come over today. After the whole hospital ordeal with my mother, I had promised myself that I would apologize to Rea and hopefully make things right. It took me a whole three days to finally make my way over to her house considering how her sister refused to give me Rea's address. She kept saying how she didn't want to give it to me without Rea's consent, but finally I somehow convinced her.

Rubbing my hands together, I turned to the little girl lying on the couch, her thumb stuck in her mouth. It was insane how much she looked like Rea. Absolutely insane.

She stared back at me with huge, blue eyes that undoubtedly looked like mine. I was stupid to doubt these twins as mine. Anybody could figure it out, but I just had to be the idiot who didn't want to take responsibility.   

We locked eyes for at least a good twenty seconds before a shy smile came to her lips and she hid her face with the blanket. I would be lying if I said it didn't cause me to smile.

Still smiling, I turned around and walked into the kitchen. I looked through the cleaning stuff under the sink, but didn't find anything that would work, so I began looking through the rest of the cupboards until I found the baking soda. I also grabbed the roll of paper towel and a garbage bag, before walking back into the living room. I crouched down in front of the mess and grimaced while I carefully picked up the throw up with the paper towel. Luckily, there wasn't much considering it came from a toddler, so I was done in just a few minutes. I sprinkled the baking soda over the spot and tied up the garbage bag, setting it in the kitchen when I was done. I quickly washed my hands and jumped a little when I turned around a saw the tiny blonde that was previously sitting in the living room.

She stared at me with the most intense stare I've ever seen, while she held onto a navy blue blanket in her arms. I stared back and I swear she didn't even blink once. It was actually kind of freaky.

I was just about to say something to her, but when she furrowed her eyebrows together and clutched onto her stomach, I knew something was wrong. The tiny gag like cough that she let out, was enough for me to instantly pick her up and run her over to the sink. Not even a split second later did she let all the contents of her stomach fall into the kitchen sink.It probably wasn't the best place to let her throw up, but it was much better than the floor.

She threw up once more before her vomiting came to a dead stop. I held her over the sink for just a little longer, just to be safe, but nothing came after that. She looked up at me, tears streaming out of her blue eyes. She used one of her hands to grip onto my shirt and her head was not long later resting on my shoulder.

I was frozen on the spot, my whole body tense. I didn't know what to do. I had never held a kid like this. Hell, I still hadn't held my own niece yet! I held Rea's other kid. The little boy. But when that happened, he was kicking and screaming. This, on the other hand, was very different.

Finally snapping out of my shock, I walked into the living room, carefully setting the little girl back on the couch.

Why couldn't I remember her name? Was is Emily? Ellie? I knew it was an E.

She kept a tight hold on my shirt as I tried to step away and when I pried her tiny fingers off of me, she just grabbed on with the other hand!

"Sit by me!" she said. It was the first thing she had said to me since Rea went in the other room.

Not wanting her to have some sort of spaz attack if i didn't do as she wanted me to, I hesitantly sat down on the couch, making sure to keep a little space between us. I looked back at her expecting to see a pleased look considering I did what she wanted, but she just looked frustrated. Her eyebrows were knitted together, what was left of her tears stained her cheeks, and she had a deep frown on her face.