Chapter 15

*Lissa's P.O.V.*

I could feel Mel's hand in mine as we walked together into the small building. The morning light hit us as we both stepped into Sylo High. This was usual, me holding her hand, her following me, no one ever made comments. But today it felt different.

The entire student body knew about us.
Needless to say they hated us and shamelessly showed it. It was all just looks and comments.

Suddenly I felt the atmosphere shift and Mel in front of me.We were no longer in the school but behind it. She cried in front of me I looked down at her face to see the blood from her cut dripping. My hands throbs as I wipe the blood and tears away.

"Ducky, I needed you!" She cried into me and I could literally feel my heart breaking. "Where were you?" She cried harder.

It was the first time had ever broken a promise to her. And the guilt was killing me from the inside out.

"You said you loved me. Why'd you leave me, Ducky. You promised!" I could feel her fighting against my straight as I held her body into me.

Her words echoed loudly in my head.

I rose up from the bed with a start. I held my chest as the memory lingered in my head her words still echoed like they did when we were fourteen.

My tiredness seemed to drift away.
I remember  it so clearly.

I slowly rose up from the bed and pulled Teddy into my arms. As usual her body clutch onto mine as she continued her peaceful sleep. I made my way into the kitchen for a drink when all of a sudden I hear noises near the front door.

I drew closer and closer until I recognized the noises as soft crying.
I opened the door to a short figure and a whimpering baby.

Panic instantly rushes through my body. Mels head lifts up and I know she felt it. Slowly landing on her feet she faces the door too.

"Oh my God Lissa, uh I'll get the baby and you get the- bigger baby." Though it wasn't in her voice I knew she was panicking.

She lowered herself to the infant and so did I. I fifted the small body up into my arms to have them wrap their arms around me and continue to sleep.

"Mel, I have a girl." Her long golden hair was about the same color as ours but hers seemed to be bolder and extremely straight.

I sat on sofa and the girl woke up. Opening her eyes, they seemed to pop. The sweet mint blue colored eyes stared at me.

"I have a girl too." Mel said shuffling into the room. When did she even leave.

Not taking my eyes off the girl, she snuggled into me. Taking my hand in hers, she played with my fingers.

Her pink and white sun dress beamed and her pig tails reached her elbows. That's some hella long hair.

"Hi, um how old are you?" I softened my voice to talk to her.

"I two." Her voice was the cutest kind of high.

"What is your name?" She gave me the most confused look in the world like she didn't know what I was talking about at all.

Most kids know their names right? Or was that just my mistake for thinking that.

"Baby, there's a note." Mel held a folded pieces of paper with cursive writing.
The first words surprised me and honestly freaked me out.

It read:
'Dear Twins,

Your father and his newly wed wife have been in a severe fire. They were killed but these children were saved. It turns out that they aren't his off spring but the woman had no relatives. Though I don't agree with your life style I don't think these children should be punished.