Chapter 20

*Nessa's P.O.V.*

I laughed as I smiled down at Emma. We danced historically around the room.

"Glowing" by Nikki Williams blasted through the speakers as we jumped and laughed together. Popcorn and candy wrappers were everywhere. Ice cream sandwich wrappers paraded the carpet and random bowls of sweet and salty junk foods cluttered the bed.

It didn't take long to find out what she liked. I started off with soft music like Iron and Wine which she ignored. I then moved onto EDM and Alternative Rock. Just in case you don't know what that is, it's basically Skrillex and Zedd to Paramore and Fall Out Boy. Somehow Halsey got caught in the mix and she loved it.

She likes certain genres of music which is weird for a person. Usually people at least slip out of their musical comfort zone. But not her. Strictly, EDM, Rock, and lastly Pop, she absolutely loves Paramore along with Years & Years.

Years & Years had the title for at least an hour. Communion, their album, was better than I thought it would be. She liked especially two songs on the album them being, King and Shine.

She fell down in a clear spot on the bed as the song ended. She smiled looking over at me. Her smile widened as Lush Life by Zara Larsson suddenly came on. She looked at me and I could see in her eyes she was dropping off of her sugar high. I chuckled as she struggled to keep her bright mint colored eyes open for me. I quickly cleared the bed and turned the music down and she crawled into my arms.

Her blue button up slightly rose up against her undershirt as she moved against my body. I wrapped my arms around her and watched her fall asleep.

I lay her down and quietly walk out of the room leaving the door open. The baby was with Paris, and the twins were at some meeting with the school counselor.

I sat down on the couch and that is when all of the sleepy hit me tremendously. I couldn't help but close my eyes, then I heard tiny footsteps. I slightly turn around to see none other than a sleepy looking Emma.

Eyes red and half closed, face slightly pail and red cheeks. She rubbed her eyes and yawned as she again climbed into my lap. This time she faced me and put her head on my shoulder. I held her back and started to rub it as we both fell asleep.

*********

I woke up to my phone's alarm going off and then I Instantly remember why I set it. It was time for Emma's check up. And as much as it pains me to say this, but I don't think it was hot idea to have sugar blowout before an appointment with a pediatrician.

I quickly get up and grab Emma's bag and her the blanket Lissa got her, she absolutely loves it.

"Emmy, baby come on we have to go." I slightly yell. I mean, no one was in the house and she was somewhere.

Before I knew it she came running out of Paris' and my room with a Twizzler in her hand. She looked at me and her bag and then to her blanket.

"We go?" She looked kind of confused. And I nod to her.

"BuBy and Daddy and Mama go too?" As she asked the question it struck me that she had always been with all of us. But I was meeting them at the doctor's office they wouldn't miss this for anyone.

"Yeah Emmy, we are going to meet BuBy, Daddy, and, Mama. So we have to go, come on." I held my hand out as I lead her into Mel and Lissa's room. That's where her things were.

I stood her in front of the body mirror and looked her over. Her khaki cargo shorts were okay, so was her blue button up. I got a brush from the dresser and started to brush her long golden hair. I then pulled it into two ponytails.