Little to none

You're suppose to be sane in this situation. Stay calm and think good thoughts in hopes of great things coming your way.

Not for Derek. Not at all.

What's going through his brain is static. Like from an old T.V that has been cut off from the internet and you tensing up because all you could think is when it will come back on, your patience turns slightly shriveled, hands fisted while your kicked turn white. Wanting to get it in just the right position but nothing will do. Forcing yourself to almost be trapped in this time zone of repentance and solitude. Nothing good will come with this.

Stiles started to panic, Derek's whimpers returned sounding like a puppy being kicked by a metal boot. The poison was slowly fading away but next was excruciating pain all over Derek's body. Stiles was helpless.

The boy got up from the basement floor, slowly he shuffled forward towards the wolf with an outstretched hand. This is the last resort kind of thing now that The werewolf is coming back to reality, Stiles can now do comfort. Wold are pack animals, nothing like a good hug or pat on the back.

Right?

"Hey Derek. I know you're hurting, a-and I'm gonna help you." His voice was shaky and timid. To be honest he had absolutely no idea why he was even trying to help Derek. Than again, if Stiles was in this situation himself it would be nice to have comfort.

Only a foot away from the monster, Stiles timidly laid a hand on Derek's chest. Right over his quickened heart beat. The body was cold, not ice but after you take a cold shower to cool yourself down after a summer day. Don't even get Stiles started on how toned Derek was. Not that he liked him. But it was true, The werewolf has amazing body structure, his chest was huge. Sadly, a small growl formed in the back of the wolfs throat, making Stiles flinch slightly but not away from Derek's chest.

"Now. I know you're not much of a hugger but your wolf is a big softy. Let me at least try to help you." Taking a deep breath Stiles than continued. "You may be a big bad wolf on the outside, but on the inside. You're lonely, Aren't you?" Why even bother asking questions. The wolf would never respond. But something changed when Stiles asked if Derek was lonely, he stiffened under his touch.

"I get it you know. You think I'm some annoying teenager. Well actually sourwolf, I'm a caring annoying teenager. Thank you very much." Still, nothing from the werewolf. Not that it stopped Stiles.

Stiles hand moved up from Derek's chest to his neck. Making Derek look up at Stiles frightened doe eyes.

Now before you start to think "Oh! There were sparks!" They still very much hate each other, or Derek still hates Stiles for that matter.

When Derek looked at Stiles, it was hazey. Not clear at all, all he could see is the shape of his face and some body. The color was red or light red. Too much for him to have a handle on.

Stiles heart almost skipped, Derek's eyes were also very beautiful. He wouldn't mind looking at them all day if he could.

"You're not crazy. If that's what you're thinking. Or a monster. You are only going through some things that really suck ass." Stiles said with a chuckle.

"I want to be your friend Derek. You know I care about you, even when you're all wolfed out. Who stayed with you in the pool? Me, who hid you from hunters when they wanted to kill you? Me, and now. Who is staying with you when you are a rabid werewolf who would kill me if he could? Stiles Stilinski of course." The words were truthful. If Derek could understand him he would take it into consideration.

Another whimper from Derek made Stiles cringe. Why is he even starting a conversation with the beast? This obviously isn't helping. So, Stiles did something he never thought he would ever do.

He hugged Derek. A tight hug that fits all your broken pieces back together.

Than, Derek started to cry. Another thing Stiles didn't expect. That really sent Stiles over the edge.

Derek doesn't cry, and Stiles doesn't hug people who hate his guts. This is both really new.

But for the rest of the night till the sun rose. Stiles just hugged Derek, he didn't take the chains off for some reason, he just wanted Derek to let out all his pain.

Derek had a lot of pain.

🌸🌸
OH MY GOODNESS! Ok so next update if I could get a comment or two that would be nice.