Step One

Wake up, now open your eyes
Now float to the window,
open the blinds.
Now never mind.
__

Stiles father returned later that day with bags of presents and a slip of vodka covered so his son wouldn't see, either way, Stiles paid no attention to it. The young boys mind was all over the place barely listening to any word the sheriff was speaking, the only words that caught by were "late" and "bed" the sheriff rubbed his sons shoulder giving him a ghostly smile sending him up the stairs. Stiles moved like a stick, stiff in the legs and his shoulders were hunched over making them ache till he reached his bed.

Stiles head hurt slightly, like a stinging sharp pain that went on and off, it wasn't excruciating but the boy couldn't help but hold his head in his hand. Probably because of the cold or him stressing out too much over some puppy that could carry no feelings in his soul.
The room was very dark, the only light you could see was the dim street lights outside, it didn't matter much because he was going to sleep anyways, Christmas break ended on Monday so he might as well enjoy sleeping as late as he wants in the mean time.
__

Saturday turned to Sunday than Sunday went on to Monday, Stiles got almost no sleep sense than, waking up in the middle of the night because of the headaches and small nightmares that didn't have an end.
The nightmares were usually the same; watching Scott die or his dad murdered, but this one was with Stiles, watching himself like a movie, there was this black mist approaching him but he couldn't move, than the background changed to a dark wood, tree letting little to none sunlight reach the forest ground, it was smokey but Stiles could still see what was in front of him. The black mist returned but Stiles could move this time, he stretched his hand out touching it, than the most traveled up his arm into the veins, there was no pain which was good but than black goo oozed out of the boys mouth and eyes, making Stiles choke out a wet cry but no one would come and help him.
Than there was a man, or so he thinks, appeared in front of him, his face was wrapped in white bandages and the only think poking out was his mouth with razor sharp teeth, the thing kept repeating "Let me in Stiles.." The voice sounded almost snake, how he dragged out the S in his name, but before the boy could even speak he would wake, but there was no sweat dripping from his forehead or a yell coming from the back of his throat, he would wake up so easily rising from his bed. Stiles felt so calm but it would feel like a hundred pounds would drop in his chest, he almost wanted to have the dream over and over again till Stiles could just no longer get up in the morning.

His friends at school noticed, Stiles eyes were sunken in and under them were dark circles as if he hasn't slept in weeks. The way he walked was clumsy, not being able to go into a completely straight line, he'd bump into objects and people randomly than just whisper an apology and carry on. Scott was worried deeply, he watched Stiles in class every now and then to check if he was okay, his friend only stared out the window watching birds fly by and stretched weak smiles when a few would land near. Strange, so strange it drove Scott mad.

Afternoon rolled on and lunch was kept quiet, Stiles was quiet. They sat at the back of a Circle K, Allison still hasn't returned from her hunt last week and everyone was worried, Liam sat close to Stiles who were near the back door and Scott was speaking with Lydia in hushed tones. The twins they all adored dearly were both killed last winter from a witch who combined their souls together and just, killed them. Stiles still had nightmares about them, how their faces twisted and the crunching of their bones, how their eyes wept blood and the skin from their bodies were were shredded to vein. Stiles didn't like thinking about them, he missed them, he wanted to sleep.

"Stiles?" Lydia's voice trained. "Did you hear what I was saying?" Stiles rubbed a hand over his face trying to rid of the tiredness, it felt like he was there but not his own mind.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry, I was thinking." A faint smile showed Lydia he was fine, she could see straight through him but didn't acknowledge it, Stiles knew Lydia was way too smart to make it go unnoticed.

"Okay." her red hair bounced as she turned sharply, she was pretty. A scary pretty. "I need you to come over straight after school, remember our deal?" Lydia sat on the other side of the sickly looking boy, her lips matched his hidden anger and his veins that pump wine. It hurt bad, Stiles liked Lydia for a very long time but now he couldn't give two shits about the peppy girl.

"I remember yeah." Stiles anxiety started to rise when all eyes were on him, Liam only watched reading Stiles like a book, he was either too open or locked shut. Liam was one of the pack projects, having problems with controlling the wolf anger and the shifts every month. Scott stuck by him, feeling waves of protectiveness because Liam was pack.

Stiles wrist started to twitch harshly, he rolled his neck back trying to ease the anxiety that was eating him alway slowly, he looked dead. Lydia noticed the twitch her eyes growing wide.

"What was that?" She asked glancing down.

"What?"

"Your wrist"

"Oh" he scratched the back of his neck nervously "nothing, let's just go" Stiles shot up, Scott whimpered worrying greatly for his friend, his pack mate, who grew strange this past few days.
__

Lydia was your very own typical high school prep, good clothes, sharp cheekbones, and has all the money in the world, just she's far from the typical white girl, she's a banshee. When death arrives she gives out a horrid scream sounding as if she is being tortured and whipped to the bone. A tough cookie if you ask Liam.

When Stiles walked through her room door, she gasped when her eyes traced over the young boys face, he was covered in bruises and a deep cut lip, what looked like road burn stretched across his cheek fresh blood dripped down the side of his right eyebrow. Stiles was beat to a pulp and Lydia felt helpless.

Quickly the red head prep grabbed towels from her bathroom than reaching back to her friend, Stiles was on the verge of tears but none came out. The red head placed the towel to his cheek while pushing him back to the bed letting him sit on the edge of her flower stitched blanket.

"What happened? Who did this to you?" The questions shot out rapidly making the boys head spin.

"Wrong gender apparently" tears dripped down his cheeks to his cut lip making him dab it with his tongue, Lydia stared confused at the boys wet eyes. She has never witnessed Stiles cry before.

"What do you mean, Stiles?"

🌸🌸

SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE IM WORKING ON ANOTHER BOOK. COMMENT YOUR FAVORITE POEM FROM THIS BOOK!