Chapter Five: Rory

The football team was yelling and cheering all around me

"RORY YOU LEAD US TO THE WIN!!"

"YEAH WE WON"

"SUCK IT THUNDER." My helmet kept getting pounded from my overly excited team. They started to lift me up on their shoulders and that's when I saw that creep Justin talking to Alex. She kept trying to push his arm off of her shoulder; I could tell she did not want to talk to him.

"HEY GUYS PUT ME DOWN PLEASE!" I yelled. The football team set me down and I pushed through all the pads and cleats to get to her. As I started to get closer I started to hear them arguing.

"Hey it's in the past babe roll with it." Justin made another move.

"Stop callin' me babe. I told you I ain't with you anymore." Alex replied in her adorable annoyed southern accent.

"You can't say you don't miss me." He grabbed Alex's arms and pulled her closer to him. She jerked away.

"I don't miss you Heather misses you, she missed you while we were datin', and I almost got killed for datin' you, I'm sure she still misses you."

"Who cares about Heather? We were great together. Now we are homecoming King and Queen let's get together again."

"No Justin just leave me alone."

"Nah babe we are perfect for each other." He put his arm around her again.

"No Justin. Back off okay?!"  She looked as if she was ready to scream. She shoved his arm off her shoulder, but he just grabbed her again.

"Hey man she said back off, so back off."  I growled shoving him away from her.

"What's your problem she's my girl not yours." He replied brushing off my shove.

"However, she is a lady and if she tells you to back off, you back the frack off." Alex beamed at me right before a football thrown by a player in a gold uniform- obviously a Diamond Hills player- hit her smack in the head; she dropped to the ground like a rag doll.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HIT HIM NOT HER YOU IDIOT." Justin yelled down the field at the player who had thrown the ball. Instead of focusing on myself and like Justin was I knelt to make sure Alex was okay.

"Hey Alex... Are you okay do you need some ice?"

"That would be lovely sugar." I picked her up, carried her up the steps, walked to the concession stand so we could get ice.

"HEY THIS IS NOT THE END OF THIS RORY!!!" Justin called after me, but I didn't care what he could do to me, I only cared about the fact that he broke Alex and he needed to pay.

The middle-aged woman in the booth looked at me quizzically; football players didn't usually buy from the concession stand.

"My uh- gir... uh my friend got hit in the head with a football, can I get some ice for her?" I flashed my brilliant smile to make up for my stutter.

"Yeah here." She grabbed an ice packet out of the freezer.

"Thank you ever so much." I winked. The woman acted as if this was a regular occurrence and I needed to leave her presence now. Alex picked up the ice off of the counter and set it on her head. I carried her over to the grass- she really was light as a feather I could stunt with this- after I set her down I took her head and set it on my lap.

"I'm sorry you got hit it's all my fault I should have seen it coming..."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Thanks you for saving me from him. I owe you big time." Alex said in a sort of delusional state, she pointed vaguely in Justin's direction.