Chapter Ten: Alexandria

I woke up and started to text Scar, last night had wrecked me. I had finally opened up to someone again- someone who had decided to use me for everything that I was and anything that I could ever be for their own benefit just like Justin had.

I sat up and decided like the good southern girl I was that I needed to go to church. As I got ready I turned on the radio app on my phone. The song Rory and I had danced to the night before started to play. As I listened to the song "Stitches" by Shawn Mendes I had a wave of emotions hit me, I saw flash backs of Rory: how he caught me and saved me from death, how he carried me around when I got hurt and drove me home, and lastly how he was honest with me. I realized that maybe I should give him a second chance and deleted the message.

I looked down at my tower flowing over with jewelry. I noticed a necklace I had never worn before. It was a simple gold chain with a little circle on the end. I fingered the circle it was a perfect circle yet it had bumps and was worn. If only the jeweler had refined it a bit more. I looked at the circle for a long while as I started to curl my hair. I turned around and picked up my mint green, knee length, dress because I didn't feel like putting on my homecoming dress again. I looked at myself in the mirror and fingered the necklace. What if all Rory needed was a little refining before he was perfect? I smiled. Slowly I put the necklace on and walked out of my room.

I walked into our music studio a room full of instruments, my secret treasures. I sat down at the piano and began to play, music flowing out of me. Not many people know this side of me, the girl who hides behind the cheerleader the one who actually appreciated the music she was dancing to. This is the key to who I really am. Anybody who walked in here could see that the only way to know who I truly was they have to watch and hear me play. I noticed something making a sound behind me and I turned around, nobody was there. I sighed and looked around for a good song to play. I found 'A Little Fall of Rain' from Les Miserable- Scarlett's favorite. She used to come over and sing it while I played before she met Cassius. I started to sing with it and realized I had a page turn and I was too late. When I started to panic a hand turned the page for me. I stopped and quickly turned around and turned bright red to see it was Rory...

"Sorry Andrea let me in." he smirked fixing the tie on his Homecoming tux.

"She's not supposed to do that." I stood and quickly walked out of the room with Rory at my heels.

"Wait Alex we need to talk."

"ALEXANDRIA!! CHURCH!!" someone yelled from upstairs.

"COMIN'!!" I yelled back.

"Rory listen I will talk to you tomorrow. Today really isn't a great day to talk about this... I have church and I have to play the piano so... We can talk tomorrow durin' lunch okay?" He grabbed my arm.

"But I really can't stand the thought of you still thinking I'm a jerk or as Scarlett says a..." I interrupted him.

"I know what Scarlett says. After church then. After church, but before family dinner. Trevor is comin' and if he sees you here he will have a conniption fit."

"Fine."

"Don't you have church too?"

"My church is at 9 so it's already over."

"ALEX NOW!"

"Right gotta go bye." I ran up the stairs, sprinted out the door and hopped in the front seat of the Excursion.

"Where have you been!? I have been yelling for you we are going to be late." My mom lectured me. I looked at the clock on the dash. It read "12:40"