Chapter 12: Scarlett

Driving away from Rory's house was one of the most stressful things, he will not listen to me and then it will cause more drama between him and Alexandria meaning the one person who has to deal with it is... me. Maybe when Cass and I go to college together they'll go somewhere like Stanford and maybe send us a postcard. That'd be great.

My phone buzzed; I looked at it Mercedes was calling me, I picked up the phone and said.

"Hello Mern what's up?" She was freaking out on the other side of the phone and not in a good way.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I heard her swallow hard.

"Hi Scar. It's about Christian."

"What about him?"

"Well," she paused.

"Last night at the dance we were talking and he leaned in to kiss me and I kind of leaned away because I feel like we are getting a little too serious and I explained that to him. I said 'Christian we need to talk.' And he said, 'What about?' So that is when I explained that we were getting serious way too fast because I mean I like him and everything and we have said I love you to each other probably a million times but lately I have felt like 1. Everything is going way too fast for me. 2. I feel like he is pulling away, I've heard that he has been trying to talk to Caitlyn and Morgan and like flirting with them while at the same time still trying to get more serious with me and I don't know what to do about that."

"Okay... So what is the point of this call?"

"Oh right the rest of my story so after I said this he kinda freaked out and was going off on how he doesn't know how this happened and was saying that I just didn't want the same things. So I said 'Honey I'm not saying I want to break up, yet we just need to chill.' And he said 'Good because I think if we broke up I would never be able to get over you and would probably kill myself.' Then he claimed he wanted punch so he went off to get some punch and never came back."

"Have you talked to him at all since?"

"No. I talked to Caitlyn and Morgan and he was flirting with them the rest of the night and then kissed Caitlyn on the cheek which she flipped out about and asked him about me and she said that his exact words were 'not important anymore'"

"Well do you believe Caitlyn I mean I know she was a lead in your school play and I haven't spoken to her much except after the performance, but do you trust her?"

"Why would she lie to me about Christian kissing her? Especially because she doesn't even like him."

"Alright then well are you devastated about this turn in events with Christian? Or are you a little happy that it could potentially be over?"

"Honestly?"

"Yeah."

"I'm kind of relieved. I mean I would never ever cheat on him so now that we aren't really together anymore I can be with Blaze. He has been flirting with me for months and I couldn't do anything about it while I was with Christian but Blaze is really really cute and treats me like a human not a pet rabbit."

"Of all the animals and you choose rabbit?"

"Scar."

"Sorry. I'm happy for you. Moving on from Christian will probably one of the best decisions you have ever made. And from my stand point Blaze sounds like a cool guy."

"Have you met him?"

"Yeah Cass introduced me to him at the dance. Kind of light brown hair, blue eyes?"