Demons Chapter 16

Chapter 16

As we sped back into the downtown area, Aspen asked me, “So what’s the plan?”

            “I guess I go looking for this Paris.”

            “Where are we going to look?”

            I looked at her then, surprised.  “You’re going with me?”

            “Yeah, someone has to look after you.”

            I nodded, secretly jumping for joy inside at the prospect of spending a whole bunch more time with Aspen.  “We need to find a rave.”

            “There are probably a few of those going on in the city.”

            “Have any friends you could call about it?” I asked.

            “Caden, I’ve been homeschooled my whole life, what kind of friends do you think I have?”

            “Right.  I forgot.”  I dug my cell phone out.  “I’ll give Dan a call.  He might know.”

            She sniffed, but refrained from saying anything derogatory about him.

            I punched in his number, which was strange because I didn’t call him much by phone.  Usually I called him in my head and he’d show up.  But I couldn’t do that with Aspen sitting beside me. So the phone was a back up plan.

            He answered after four rings. “Why are you using this piece of shit phone?”

            “Aspen and I need your help.”

            “Ah, the girl is there, is she?”

            I smiled at Aspen, trying to pretend that Dan hadn’t asked about her. “Yup.”

            “What do you need?”

            “We need to find a rave.”

            “Uhuh, that doesn’t really give me much to go on.  I could tell you ten places right now that might be raving. Have you checked the TR site?”

            “No.  What’s TR?”

“The torontoraves.com site. It lists the legal raves going on.”

“What about the illegal ones?”

“Yeah, well I need more info than what you’re giving me, dude.”

I could hear him munching on something. The demon was always eating.

“Belial’s inside a blonde girl who rides the white dragon and is at a rave right now.”

            “Okay, she’s probably not a jolly pop, so I would say you’re looking for a place that also has a get off house near it.”

            “You lost me, brother.  What’s a jolly pop?”

            “A newbie.  This girl sounds like a heroin addict so she’d be looking for a place to score.  A get off house is a place you can get drugs and do them right there for free.”

“Why would Belial be looking for smack?”

“Maybe to get high for the first time.  You have to remember this is the first time he’s been out.  He’d want to do all kinds of things he’d never been able to before.  Although he came here to mess you up, he’s definitely going to go and have some fun as well.  It’s in the demon nature.”