Calling backup

Jason's pov

Lately the past few weeks, I've been getting threatening messages left on my phone by an unknown number and today I found a bloody knife right outside my door when I left for the studio. Everything that's been going on is freaking me and my daughters Keely and Kendyl out big time. I've tried talking to the police but so far they haven't caught whoever it is. I need to bring out the big guns. I need to bring in someone I know I can trust. I dread doing it because I haven't talked to her since we broke up years ago but I know she'd keep my girls safe. I pull out my phone. After all these years I still know her number by heart. I dial that number of that girl that works as a private eye, undercover cop, and bodyguard all in one.

Miranda's pov

I get off work and take off my sunglasses as my phone rings. I recognize the number but can't place it I shrug and answer the phone. "Hello? Agent Brown at your service." I say, thinking it's work. But the voice that comes through makes me drop the phone in surprise. I pick it back up. "I just need someone I can trust and I know I can trust you. You've more than once proven how good you are at this." "Y-Yeah. I'm going to tell my boss. We can meet up sometime later." I forcefully say. "Thanks..... I knew I could count on you." I smile. "You're welcome Jason. And it's good to hear your voice again." "You too."

Jason's pov

I set the phone down. It was great hearing her again. But this is not to rekindle an old relationship. It's to keep my girls safe from whoever is trying to hurt us.

*one week later*

My doorbell rings. My nerves are shot. Yesterday, my tires were slashed. "Who is it?" I call, my hand on my pistol. "It's me, Jason." "Oh." I fix my hair and take my hand off my gun then I walk over to the door. I open it up and smile seeing her. She's still as pretty as she was before. "Ok, tell me everything that's been going on. So I know just what I'm dealing with." She says. I nod and invite her in. We both sit down in the living room and she pulls out a notepad. After I explain everything, she asks if I have any enemies. But I can't think of any. I just shake my head. She writes a few more things down. "What are you writing over there?" She smiles and clicks her pen. "You trust me, right?" I nod. "Then don't ask questions." I sigh and nod. "I'll call my boss and have 24 hour surveillance. Don't you worry, nothing will get to you or your daughters." She says, standing up with a confident smile. I stand up too. "Thanks. I uh you don't know how much this means to me." I say. I'm not sure what to do now. "Do the girls know about what's going on?" She asks. "Well Keely knows some. But Kendyl's only like five so I've kept her in the dark about most of it." "You have to tell her." I wish I didn't. "One other thing Jason. You must do whatever I say to ensure the safety of you and the girls." "You know what's best." I reply, nodding. I'm about to go tell the girls about it all when she stops me again. "One more thing I forgot to mention." I turn back around. "This is strictly business only. Me doing my job, understand?" I nod. A little disappointed but it makes sense. Maybe time's just playing tricks on me. Or maybe these old feelings never went away. Oh well. "Thanks for doing this for me. With all of the shit going g on, it's good to have someone I can trust." "Of course Jason. Now you go tell the girls and I'm gonna call my boss." I nod and head up to the girls' rooms while she pulls out her phone.