Can't fight my feelings

Miranda's pov

The beeping of machines is the only noise in my ears. Keely and Kendyl sit on the couch by the window. I stand in the doorway, staring at him worriedly. I didn't do my job. I keep going back to his last words. I'd take a bullet for you any day..... Because
.... I love you. Tears fill my eyes as I walk over to his bed. "I love you too." I whisper, my hand brushing the edge of his hospital gown. Luke comes to take the girls out to get them away. I stare at him worriedly. The thrum of machines keeping him alive, the smell of antiseptic, the feel of my hands against him, the taste of blood in my mouth from biting my tongue, the fearful sight of seeing the man I love dying. "Why didn't ya stay in the kitchen, Jay? You shoulda stayed in the kitchen. Why just this once didn't you listen to me?" I whimper, laying my head on his arm and sobbing. He was always hardheaded. Even back in high school. The doctor walks in, making me jump, my hand inches away from my gun. I move it back, seeing who it is though. He stares at me confused and surprised. "I thought you were just his bodyguard." He says. "I am.... But it's much more than that." I whisper. He checks his vitals then leaves. I squeeze his hand. "Jason if you can hear me, please squeeze my hand." I whimper, beggingly. But there's nothing. I sigh and let go. I knew I should've turned this job down the first time he called but I couldn't. His fingers twitch. "Jason?" I gasp, looking up at him. "Babe?" He mumbles, making me uncomfortable. He shuts his eyes tight then opens them. His cheeks get red seeing it's me he just called babe. "You've been crying?" He gapes, surprised. My eyes go wide and I look away. He strugglingly sits up. "Where's the girls?" "Luke's got 'em. Jason this guy isn't after you. He's after anyone you care about." His eyes stay locked on me. "No wonder he shot at you." He whispers, looking away. "What do you mean?" I ask. He meets my eyes again then quickly moves forward grabbing the back of my neck and pressing his lips to mine. I shut my eyes tight, my hands gripping the bed so hard my knuckles turn white. I pull free and back up. "I'm sorry.... I shouldn't have done that.... But I just can't help myself. I missed you so much."

Jason's pov

"And now that you're back, I just can't stop wanting-" She cuts me off by kissing ME!! My eyes go wide then flutter closed, my hands gripping the bedsheets in shock but quickly one moves to her hip. When we finally stop kissing, tears fall down her cheeks again. I stare at her worriedly and wipe a tear from her eye. "I'm so sorry. I made such a big mistake all those years ago. I'm sorry for hurting you." "It's okay." "I got shot, didn't I?" She smiles and nods. I smile too. "I got you to smile." I say, pointing at her. She looks away, her cheeks reddening. "How am I gonna be your bodyguard now?" She whispers, looking away. I rest a hand on her cheek, pulling her back to looking at me. Tears in those gorgeous icy blue eyes. "Whatever happens, I can face it. I just need my girls." "I knew this would be hard." She says. "Hard?" "Fighting my feelings. I was trying so hard to pretend I didn't love you but I just can't lie to myself anymore. Jason, the last thing you said to me before you fainted was I love you. And I never got to tell you..... I..... Love..... You too." She says, surprising me. I sit up to a full sitting position, no natter how much pain it causes. I hold her hands and pull her to me where I kiss her again. My hand on her back. "I'm not just another client?" I ask, hopefully. "I couldn't pretend if I tried. " she whispers, a hand on my cheek as we kiss again. She's now sitting in my bed, her legs on either side of me. Just then the girls get back. I pull away quickly. Luke stares at me surprised. I'm probably blushing. "Jason...." He says, slowly. I sigh, my arm still wrapped around her waist. "I have a confession to make. She isn't just my bodyguard. She was my high school girlfriend." "Was or is?" I turn back to her. "Now.... Is." I say, kissing her again.