The Final Chapter

Miranda's pov

I find the building they're holing up in. "God, you stubborn cowboy. I have to be the hero one more time." I whisper to myself. I hide behind an open door when someone walks by. "He's in our custody." "Is there a guard on him?" I know they're talking about Jason. "No need. He's not even fighting. He said he's surrendered." I bite my lip. Because of me. I run passed them and right into another worker! He throws a fist at me and I flip him. I drag him to another room, knocked out cold. I change into his clothes and walk out, acting natural.

Jason's pov

I wonder what these psychos want from me. I guess I'm about to find out. A pair of feet stand at my cell door. "You stubborn cowboy." My head snaps up. "Baby! What the hell are you doing here?!" "I can't let you do this! Those girls need their father!" I grab the bars, my hands killing me where I broke them when I fell. "I'm doing what I have to do to keep my girls safe. I'll turn myself in and they'll stop coming after them!" She wipes her eyes. "Don't do this to them, Jason." My eyes go wide. "Don't do this to them or don't do it to you." More tears fall from her eyes. "I won't lose you again." She goes to work on the lock in the door. It's time to stop these guys once and for all. She opens it and hugs me. "Now then let's go kick some ass." She says. "I... I can't. They broke my hands." She smiles. "You'll listen to me this time right?" I sigh and nod. "Only if you promise you'll stay this time." She kisses me and my body tenses up. "Does that answer your question?" "Y-Yeah." "Then let's book it." We take off running. But not to the exit. "To get them to stop coming after you, we'll have to kill them." "K-Kill them?!" I gape. "I've never killed anything other than deer and turkey!" "Well cowboy, it's time to step it up a notch." She shoves a gun in my hand. "Just aim for the head." I can't believe I'm about to do this. It hurts to hold it but I gotta.

Miranda's pov

He stops running, staring fearfully at the gun. "I'm not killing people! This is not who I am! And it's not who you are!" Ugh. "Can we have this argument later?" I gripe, grabbing his arm. He's so freaked. I roll my eyes and we sneak into a room with no people in it. "This is who I am now. I'm sorry. Just stay in here then and I'll come get you when I'm done." "God, you're talking about killing people!" "This is my job, Jason!" He holds my hand. "Kiss me." What? "Before you go, kiss me again." "But, Jason, I-" He stops me with a kiss. My eyes go wide then gently close as his arms wrap around my waist. "We shouldn't do this." I whisper. He backs up against the door and locks it. "We shouldn't but we are." He says, making me smile. He deepens the kiss, making my eyes go wide. His hands travel under my shirt. I grab his shirt collar.

*later*

I sneak out of the room, gripping my gun tightly. "Somebody find him!" I hear someone yell. I'm still dressed like them. "What are you doing just standing there?" Someone shouts at me. I grab him, sticking the gun in his stomach. "Take me to your leader." I order. His eyes go wide. "You scream, I shoot." I threaten. He nods shakily. We walk down to another room. I shoot the guy that showed me and then I slam and lock the door. I point my gun at the wide eyed man sitting before me. "Why are you after Jason?" "Oh his little crush." He says, laughing. Crush? I'm not his crush?! "Before I leave this place, I'm killing every one of you." I hiss, shooting him. I hope Jason does what I told him for once.

~flashback~

I was about to walk out when he asked what to do if someone comes in. I bite my lip and turn around. "Jason, I know you don't want to. But you have to. If someone comes in, you don't hesitate. You shoot. If you hesitate, you die." He shakily takes the gun. "You have to." I say, worried he'll be too afraid to. "I will. Stay safe." He says, holding my hand. I kiss his cheek then slip out the door."

~flashback over~

Everybody I've come into contact with, I've shot dead. Pretty soon, Jason won't have to worry about these assholes.

Jason's pov

She runs back in. "Done." My eyes go wide. "You killed them all?" I gape, shocked. "Yep." Then I see blood on her hand. "Baby, please.... Tell me that ain't your blood?" "No. It's not."

*later*

Miranda's pov

The agency guy casts his hands. "Daddy!" I hear two familiar voices cry. Keely and Kendyl come running and smash into him. He wraps his arms around them and bends on his knees. "Hey girls." "Are you okay?" Kendyl gasps. "Yeah. We all are. Miranda stopped the guys after me." I smile and he waves for me to come over. I shake my head and look away but he stands up and grabs my hands. "I'd be dead without you. Please don't say you're gonna leave again." I glance at my boss. He smiles and nods, meaning he's letting me go from my contract. Tears fill my eyes and I hug the crazy stubborn redneck in front of me. "I'm staying." I say. The girls cheer and Jason hugs me tight. "Damn right you're staying. Cause I'm never letting you go again." 3 days later, me and Jason kissed on the altar and got married. Like we should've done a long time ago. Keely and Kendyl were my bride's maids. Both girls hug me in their beautiful light blue dresses. Jason catches me off guard by picking me up bridal style. "We shoulda done that years ago." I say. He smiles. "You're always right baby." He sets me down and we get in the limo. The picture from the carnival falls from my hand.

Jason's pov

I remember this day. The carnival, the ferris wheel. "Told you we'd be together forever." I say, picking it up. "We might've hit a few bumps in the road but I wouldn't change it for nothing." I kiss her gently. Happily married to the love of my life.

THE END