Going home

Jason's pov

A doctor walks into my room. "When can I go home?" "Not until your chest heals up, sir." Not to mention my side. Both are hurting terribly. "You hungry?" "Yeah I guess so."

*a few hours later*

Luke and the girls come to visit. Keely runs over, crying. I hug her tightly. "It's okay, baby. Daddy's okay."

*a few days later*

I'm finally able to go home. Luke has been watching the girls for me.

Miranda's pov

"Ok who's hungry for a delicious Saturday morning breakfast?" He asks with a fake smile. He winces in pain and a hand is against his chest. "Jason, I've got the girls. You need to rest." "Ugh, I've been resting. I don't like laying down." He mutters stubbornly. I smile and pull him into a kiss. His hand tightens around the doorknob. I smile in the kiss. "Now you go up to bed. I'll be up in a minute after I get the girls settled." He stares ahead in shock. "Y-You g-got it." He salutes and walks upstairs. I laugh a little and make breakfast for the kiddos. Kendyl is coloring at the table. "What are you drawing sweety?" I ask, putting a hand on her head. She covers it up, her cheeks reddening. But I still see it. It's a picture of me dressed as Supergirl. I'm a little confused. She looks at me wide eyed. "You saved my daddy. You're my hero." She says, hugging me. Tears fill my eyes. I hug her tightly. Maybe Jason's right. I'm not letting him be very manly. I'm more heroic to her then he is and I don't like that. I go up to his room. "Hey there ya are baby." "Kendyl thinks of me as her hero." I mumble sitting beside him. "And... That's a..... Bad thing?" "No, it's just.... You were right. I should've let you be the rescuer. I be the damsel in distress." He stares at me confused. "Ok that's weird." "Why?" "One, you admit I am right and two, my fearless asskicking girlfriend thinks I should save her!" He gapes. "You should be your daughter's hero not me!" He chuckles softly. "That's what you're worried about? Darlin', she's got a new "hero" every other day. Two weeks ago the pizza man was her hero because he brought pizza when she was "starving." Trust me this is just a thing she does." Wow that's like totally unexpected. "You okay now?" He asks. I smile and kiss him again. "Yeah I'm good." "Yeah you're so damn good." He says, grabbing my waist and holding me tight, kissing me. My eyes flutter closed. "I never known no one like you. I am keeping you forever this time." His grip gets tighter around my waist. "Hold on tight baby." I laugh at his silly word play. "My pleasure." I whisper.