IV. Paperwork & Meetings

I don't know if you saw it, but read chapter III. New Boss, before this one!!!

Also, the picture is supposed to be the meeting room.

Enjoy.

~*~

After lunch, I hurried back to my office and read the remaining documents Sex God made. I wanted to be fully informed on the situation here at SC. He was right about his information being very well put together. I caught up immediately and was ready to kick some arse on this meeting. Or make some killer notes...anyway, moving on.

Did I just refer to my boss as Sex God? Again?

By the time I was finished with rereading and memorising every document, it was a quarter to four in the afternoon. I headed to the meeting room that was one of the six other vacant rooms on this floor. I knocked on the door to see if anyone was already in there. No response, so I opened the door and saw nobody sitting in the room.

It didn't surprise me at all, but this room was stunning. A big square table in the middle of the spacious room and chrome chairs with white leather seats around it. Two walls were fully made out of glass which provided a beautiful panoramic view over the City. London was indeed an incredible place.

I turned back around to look at the empty table in the middle. Where were the snacks and beverages? Wasn't it a custom to provide at least something to drink on a meeting? Mr Styles didn't mention anything about it. I thought it was already taken care off? I checked my watch and saw that the meeting would start in about ten minutes. Did I have enough time to at least find something to drink?

I put my papers and laptop on the table and almost ran out the room into my office. I grabbed my phone and searched for the number of the cafeteria that I carefully had written in a little list amongst other numbers that might come in handy. Once I found it, I entered it into my office phone and waited for someone to pick up. 

"This is Tina speaking." A woman said with a loud voice through the other end of the line.

"Hello Tina, I'm Mia Peterson, Harry Styles' new assistant. Is there by any chance a way to make some beverages  and some snacks for a meeting that starts in exactly nine minutes, please? I know it's very last minute, but it would absolutely mean the world." I rambled through the phone. There was a moment of silence and I cursed inwardly that the woman took so long to think about it.

"No one has ever asked us that. Lots of people normally assume our food isn't any good." I heard a hint of sadness when Tina said this and I felt bad for her, yet I didn't have the time to comfort her. But it was true that there weren't many people in the cafeteria during lunch.

"Well, I really enjoyed my salad this afternoon."  I tried again. Five minutes to go and I still didn't have a thing.

"Well...I would want to help you, unfortunately I can't make anything decent in five minutes time." I was seated in my office chair with my one hand in my hair and the other one holding the phone, desperately searching for a solution.  At that moment, my iPhone started to vibrate, signalling I had an incoming message. It was Mr Styles.

"Let me think for a second, okay Tina?" I put the phone down and grabbed my iPhone. I hated buzzers, but I really needed to get used to constantly receiving phone calls on two different devices instead of one...at the same time.

From: Harry Styles
To: Amelia Peterson

I'll be 15 minutes late due to traffic. Inform everyone. HS.