VIII. Red Puffy Eyes

I'm trying to make it up to you for the long wait.
By the way, I changed the casting for Beth Taylor. Imagine a gorgeous tall and skinny black haired woman. I don't know if it's already changed in the cast list. Wattpad can be a nightmare sometimes.

Enjoy.

~*~

The next day Arthur dropped me off right on time, as always, and I thanked him by giving him some Belgian Chocolates and promising him that I will pay my due at the end of the month as we agreed. It turned out his name didn't ring a bell for nothing. Arthur Harris used to work as a chauffeur for the same company my grandfather and father used to work for. That's why he told me he lost a client, A.K.A my dad after his retirement. He knew my father very well and recognised me when I told him my full name.

I entered the grand reception of the building and was met by a smiling Eleanor. She looked so pretty and radiant. We greeted each other and she said hello to the receptionist who didn't say anything back. She just looked up, pouted her lip a little like real bitches do and carried on with doing her nails.

"God I'm so happy that dress fits me. I retried it on last night at home. We're going to look so fine next week." She said once the elevator doors were closed. She didn't know about what I heard Mr Styles say yet, but I knew she was going to be so disappointed. She genuinely wanted to attend the event with me. Another reason why Harry Styles was an absolute arse. He had to ruin the mood of literally everybody.

I had had a good cry last night and told myself afterwards I wouldn't cry over him anymore. He was my boss and our relationship was strictly professional. If he acted in such a way, then I had to do the same. No more trying out for some kind of friendship. I had my family, El, Niall and their bosses who cared about me and that was more then I could've ever hoped for.

"About that El, I've got some bad news. I heard Mr Styles say to someone that he wasn't going to invite me."

"WHY???" She almost screamed. She looked so upset. Poor girl.

"Well apparently, I'm not the best person to represent the company. Beth Taylor is, though." I tried to explain.

"What does that even mean? That's absolute bullocks! Your work is perfect. Everyone is talking about it at SC." She said. The fact that I had to say the words made my heart ache a little more. Even though I swore not to cry anymore, it was still hard not to.

"I'm just not pretty enough, El." I whispered, hoping she had heard it so I didn't have to repeat myself. I didn't know if I even could repeat it without crying. It was silent for a moment and that made me realise that she most definitely heard what I had confessed.

"He said that?" She asked me in a whisper. I simply nodded, already fearing that today wasn't going to be a very fun one. Eleanor grabbed my shoulders softly and turned to face me.

"Listen to me, Mia, you are so beautiful. You can't see it, but I can. Plus you're sweet and so generous. It warms almost everyone's heart. Trust me." She was being such an angel, but I couldn't hold myself, so the tears rolled and my head kept shaking no to what she said.

"El, y-you don't h-have to say it. I know what he said is the truth."

She shook her head sternly. "No, Mia, it's not the truth. Harry is an arse. You're the angel. Please remember that babe. Don't cry over him, please."