XXXVI. Canary Wharf

What's going to happeen??? Ready to find out?
Enjoy!

~*~

I tucked my light blue dress shirt in my jeans and stared at myself in the mirror. I was as ready as I ever could be. After drinking my morning coffee and eating a blue berry muffin, which my mum had made for me to 'keep healthy' (I do see the irony in that), I put on my light brown suede jacket, lifted up the ends of my bootcut jeans and put on my ankle boots.

Afterwards I ran downstairs once I was ready to leave, making sure I didn't miss any steps. Once I saw the black taxi with my favourite cabbie in the front, I couldn't contain the huge grin on my face. I opened the door and saluted Arthur.

"You seem awfully cheery today, dear. It's a good change for once. Where to this time?" He asked while looking out the window to check if the road was clear. He pulled out of his parking spot and rode into the morning London traffic.

"Canary wharf." I said, wanting to make him wait a little. He looked up. "He finally called." I saw Arthur frown in confusion.

"Who did?"

"Robin, of course!" I explained, unable to contain the excitement any more.

"Oh lord, Mia, that's wonderful. I'm so happy for you." I laughed along with my cabbie-friend.

"Thanks, Artie. Okay, speedy. Get me there as fast as you can. I need to be on time." I said.

"On my way, my lady!"

~*~

After Arthur dropped me off safely, I pulled my hair up in a messy bun and put on a pair of retro sunglasses. Luck was on my side because I walked into the lift unnoticed and pressed the button to the thirtieth floor. I didn't take my sunglasses off and prayed no one would join me in the ride up. Once out of the modern lift, I walked directly to Robin's office with my head held low. I knocked twice and waited until I heard a low voice telling me to come in. Robin was standing behind his desk and once he saw me a huge smile appeared on his lips. He walked over towards me after excusing himself to the other members of the board and pulled me in a big hug.

"It's so good to see you again, Mia." He held me at arm length to have a proper look at me, "You look different." He concluded.

"I feel different." He looked at me and whispered that we had to talk about that later.

"Well, Mia," Mr Bolton, another board member started, "Welcome back. Let's all sit down and give you a heads up." I nodded and took a seat beside Robin at the round table in his office.

"As you may or may not have heard, Styles Corporations isn't doing well." Bolton continued. I let him speak and waited patiently.

"Robin has been working very hard to proof us your innocence." He looked up at me and smiled. "I have to admit that we were all convinced you were in fact guilty and supported Harry in his decision of letting you go. I hope you understand that we did that for the sake of the company."

"I do, Sir." I responded.

"Mia," Robin started, "Beth Taylor did a very good job at hiding her game." This information sparked my attention.

"So it was her?" All six members nodded their heads.

"Yes it was. She tricked us all and Harry in particular." Robin continued but that little fact hurt much more than I had anticipated.

He had chosen her.

"Anyway, it was hard to manage both the crisis and Beth Taylor."

"What crisis?" I asked him.