XXXIV. The Third of May

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 50k READS!! I could've not done it without you! I'm so happy, you have no idea!
Make sure to have read the previous chapters.

I'm going to keep this short because I know you're excited...

... Hold on tight babes.

Enjoy

~*~

I looked around my office for the last time and tried to hold back the tears wanting to puddle from my eyes.

It was all over.

Flashbacks of memories came back to my mind which made holding back my tears even harder than it already was. Harry waltzing into my office to give me an unexpected kiss or Eleanor knocking on the door to tell me her latest news about her blooming relationship with Louis.

I couldn't anymore.

The pain took over my entire being. All my energy was squeezed out, like a piece of lemon that you used to make a sauce. Everything happened so fast. Yesterday was only a few hours ago and as the Beatles would've sang, all my troubles seemed so far away. I felt sick and weak.

I didn't even have the energy and the courage to pick up a brown box and pack up my stuff. All the stuff I had bought to make this office look more homy, more me, was going to stay here and I was never going to see it again. I didn't want it home. I didn't have the space to store it and I didn't have the strength to actually bare the look of it. It would remind me too much of this place, too much of him.

I wondered what I was going to tell people. I was made redundant for the most cruel reason. Yet no one would believe me, I wondered if my parents even would. They had to. If they didn't, I would literally have no one anymore. I would be as lonely as a I felt.

I was planning on heading home and cry myself to sleep. It was all I could do. Even curing my pain with my favourite ice cream wasn't an option anymore. It reminded me too much of him and our times together. Of the time when we first met and the time when he apologised through the medium of frozen dough and vanilla ice cream. I didn't want to see anyone. All the people that needed to know, would find out eventually. They would hear the false theories about my fraudulent behaviour and despise me. The only thing I could do was call them and tell my version of the facts. Let them decide for themselves what they wanted to believe.

Utterly lost.

My life wasn't over yet, but it definitely felt like it. The worst of all was the knowledge that I lost everything for something I hadn't done.
I lost my job; I lost my one way ticket to make my dream come true; I lost all credibility; but first and foremost, I lost half of my heart.

The problem was, however, that the half, which was still beating in my chest, had cracked and fallen into a million pieces. It was barely working.

He had promised to try not to hurt me again. Promised to be by my side and protect me from the cruelties other could do to me. Now, he was one of those cruel and selfish people...all over again. It was stupid of me to think he wouldn't do it anymore, to think that everything could work between us. It was stupid of me not to live by my own principles, to believe that the world could change.

It was stupid of me to believe that beautiful people wouldn't end up hurting me.

He didn't believe when I said I was innocent, he picked her over me. Of course Elizabeth Taylor would eventually win, she had warned me about it. I was simply too stupid to ignore it. I had no idea what had happened, how my name had been linked to those fraudulent figures, but deep down I had my suspicions she had something to do with it.