Chapter 3: School Just Got More Interesting

The best comment gets the next chapter dedicated to them so comment!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Elizabeth! Get up, time for school." My Mom yelled at me from outside my door.

"Five more minutes." I murmured.

"Jenny's going to be here any minute."

I remembered that I was going to walk with my best friend to school. I sighed reluctantly and stumbled to the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth, took a shower, and got dressed.

When I looked up in the mirror I saw my hair falling pin straight to my waist. My hair looked like it was made from the night. The black color was natural. I had never dyed it in my life, even though many people don't believe me. My eyes were a striking green. They glimmered like emeralds. I had heavy, dark eyelashes and a slightly tan complexion.

On the inside of my right wrist was my symbolic tattoo. It was a dagger with a snake wrapped around it. There was a skull in the background. Many people thought I had it to look more bad ass, but that was better than them knowing the truth.

I came into the family room and saw my best friend, Jenny, looking for me. Instead of having jet black hair like myself, she has dirty blonde hair. Her eyes were hazel-green. She was very pretty and had a certain grace to her. That was probably from all the dance classes that she took.

"Hey Liz. Ready for school?" she says.

I nod grudgingly and we both walk out the door into the fall breeze. It was starting to get cold outside. I knew I was either going to have to start dressing warmer or start riding the bus. My Mom thinks that cars are more expensive than they are worth so, of course, I don’t have one.

Jenn doesn't have a car either. She's not allowed to get one until she is 18 because her mom doesn't 'trust' her enough. It's more like she doesn't want her baby growing up so fast. So, instead, we rely on walking to school every morning.

The walk to our school isn’t a very long one and it takes less than 15 minutes. The school day is like any other. Its passes by slowly, each class after the next.

When, finally, the school bell rings I breath a sigh of relief. School is so boring and since my gift isn’t one for patience I get kind of jumpy and irritated from having to sit still in a seat all day long. I jump out of my English seat and half run, half walk to my locker and tuck my books safely away.

I’m rushing out of the school when I pass the office.

 Time seems to slow down in that moment. A tall boy with blonde hair is talking to the school secretary. She is obviously flirting with him. You could tell by the way she flips her hair back and gives an inviting smile. Then he turns around.

I felt as if my whole life was being flipped upside down.