Chapter 7: New Neighbors

Hey guys! Welcome back! As promised I updated within 4 days! I didn't get 5 votes yet on Chapter 6. Make it up to me by voting for Chapter 7? Thanks! Hope you like it.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

The next morning I woke up feeling groggy. I hadn't slept great the night before. I started to wonder what my nightmare was about, because I can never really remember them, when what happened yesterday hit me.

The guy that disappeared.

Impossible.

Unbelievable.

Far fetched.

Crazy.

Astonishing.

Unmistakable.

Absurd.

I think I'm losing my mind!!

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. Yesterday night seemed unreal now. Maybe it was a fluke. I blinked and that guy was just the fasted runner in a world.

That didn't seem possible either. My senses were too sharp for that.

I had impeccable eyesight, hearing and smell. I was faster than any human in the world. When I moved as fast as I could I became a blur. I could dodge bullets.

I had incredible endurance and I was stronger than a grown man. Actually I'm stronger than anybody out there. I have an instinct that tells me what to do in a fight. I was unbeatable.

I knew exactly wear to hit them to cause a broken bone. I didn't even have to think about it. My limbs just knew where to go. That's my gift and I'm not proud of it.

I had no explanation for that guys disappearing act, but I was hungry. I got up and walked down the stairs. I was dressed in pajama shorts that were very short and a gray tank top. I probably had bed head.

My mind was kind of groggy from sleep so it was understandable that I didn't hear the voices coming from the kitchen until I was already in the doorway.

I gasped. My eyes were wide and my mouth was open.

There standing around the island was my mom, some man, and Blake.

They looked over at me when I gasped. I stood there for a few moments before I recovered.

"Good morning sweetie!" My mom said cheerfully.

"Morning. Why are they here?" I asked bluntly. I saw Blake smirking at me. I scowled at him.

"They are our new neighbors. They just came over to introduce themselves. They live in the blue house next to ours." She said. She gave me a look that said "be nice."

"Okay.."

I started to head for the fridge, ignoring them. I saw my mom glare at my rudeness, but I didn't care. That guy, Blake, said I was a weakling. He doubted my awesome skills! I guess I should be nice to his dad though. He may be nice.

I opened the fridge and got out the milk. Then I went to the cupboard and grabbed the cereal and a bowl.

After I was done assembling my breakfast, I went and sat at a bar stool next to my mom and started to chow down.

My mom had finally stopped glaring at me to introduce me.

"Liz, this is Blake and Mr. Moore-"

"Please just call me David." Mr. Moore - David - cut in.