Chapter 14: Skating

Hey there!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I winced as some girl let out a shriek. I had a pretty good guess why she was squealing like a fan girl. Aden had just disappeared from view. As expected, all the girls melted over him immediately. All he had to do was walk through the front doors and the girls were kissing his feet.

I haven't talked to him yet today. It is already our break between 2nd and 3rd hour. We saw each other, but he was too busy being mauled by teenage sluts to come over and talk. It didn't look like he minded it though.

The locker next to me rattled as someone leaned against it.

"Hey, Liz."

"Hey Blake."

"Um.. I know that you'll probably say no, but I still want to try. You miss every shot you don't take, you know..." He scratches the back of his neck nervously. "Don't flip out on me because I really wouldn't appreciate that. Feel free to agree , but don't feel like you're being press-"

"Spit it out, Blake." He looks so flustered, it's cute.

"You know what? I'll just ask you later! Bye!" Then he fled like there was a panther chasing him.

He left me in the middle of the hallway, staring after him with a 'WTH???' expression on my face.

A finger pushed up my jaw. "Honey, you're catching flies." Jen smirks at me. "Staring after lover-boy? That's so cute!"

I scowl at her. "He's just so confusing!"

"Awe! My best friend's in 'like'!" She grins at me.

"Um, like?"

"Well you're not in love, but you are in like!" When I give her a dirty look, she jut shakes her head at me. "Anyways... Will you pretty please with a cherry on top come to the Homecoming Dance??" She starts hopping up and down with her hands clasped over her heart.

I was ready to firmly say no, but her pout-y face made me hesitate.

She saw this moment of weakness and quickly took advantage of it. Her lip started to quiver and her eyes got bigger and rounder.

"Urgh! Why do you want me to go so bad?" I say in exasperation.

"I need my best friend there with me! This is our senior year! We need to live it up! You need to have more fun! Beginning with this dance! It's like you don't even know how to have fun!"

(A/N I can't remember if I said how old they were and I'm too lazy to go and check. So, I'm just going to make them seniors!)

I narrow my eyes at her. "I know how to have fun."

She raised her eyebrows in a challenging way. "Yeah. Right. Show me."

That's where she knew she had me. I never back down from a challenge. "Okay fine. I'll go to your stupid dance and show you that I can dress up and have fun."

I trudged off to my next class. For the next two hours, I thought about the mess I had gotten myself into.

I needed to buy a dress. Fast. The dance was this Saturday! I guess I'm going solo also. I turned down everyone that asked me. They probably all have dates by now.

I just need Jenny, and maybe Micaela, to go shopping with me.

The lunch bell interrupts my thoughts. I take my time getting to the cafeteria. Jenny probably already told all of the girls the news. They are going to be talking about it all period!