Chapter 8: Back Off

(A/N) Welcome back! I am so sorry for taking so long! There's more than 5 votes and I know I promised I would update then. I am really sorry.

Thanks for voting by the way! It means a lot. Oh and thanks for fanning too! I wish I could dedicate a chapter to more than one person, but sadly I can't:(

Anyway, Enjoy!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

I'm going to get ditched!

I was walking to school with Jenny when she told me Austin asked her out when they hung out yesterday with Micaela and Chris.

She was gushing the whole way there about how hot he was and how he had FINALLY asked her out. About how she now has a date to Homecoming and she's so happy she's not going to be alone.

Then she got silent all of the sudden and acquired a guilty look on her face. She started playing with her hair, twisting it around her finger.

I look at her quizzically. "What?"

"Well... Um.. You see.. Austin said he was going to give me a ride to school everyday starting after school. But don't worry! You won't have to walk alone! He said he could give you a ride too!" She said looking at me hopefully.

I considered that offer. I did not want to be a third wheel to them, but I also really did not want to walk to school everyday by myself. I wanted to be mad at Jenny for leaving me behind, but I couldn't. I loved her too much.

"Jenny.. You know I don't want to be a third wheel. I'll just deal with walking to school by- Oh!" I exclaimed.

"What?" Jenny asked.

"You know the new guy, Blake?"

"Yeah. What about him?" she asked.

"Well he offered to give me a ride yesterday-"

"OH MY GOD!!! YOU WERE HANGING OUT WITH A BOY! WERE YOU ALONE?!? OH MY GOD! THIS IS A BREAKTHROUGH!"

"Jen! Jenny! He's my neighbor. They came over to introduce themselves and I ended up talking to him. No big deal alright?" I cut through her excited screaming.

"THIS IS HUGE!" she continued ignoring me. "You're finally paying attention to a boy! Tell him that you said yes! EEK!!!! A million times yes!"

I shake my head in embarrassment. "Jenny! I don't like him like that, okay? He's just a friendly neighbor."

"A very very friendly neighbor!" she said while winking at me.

"Whatever. I'm just going to take him up on his offer. Don't make this into something it's not."

She just glanced at me with a disbelieving look.

I roll my eyes at her and walk into the school. I go to my locker and get my books. When I turned around, I spotted Blake walking down the hall. If I'm going to ask him to give me a ride, I might as well do it now.

When I was almost to him, a girl steps in front of me and starts talking to him. She's wearing a blue tube top and a black mini skirt. She looks super peppy with her blonde bob and is definitely flirting with him.

I sigh with disgust and start walking away. I did not need to see that. I can always ask him later. No big deal.

I head to class and about one minute after I came in, Blake comes in with the tube top girl stuck to his arm like a leech. He looks really uncomfortable.