Chapter 1: The Wedding

Before the change, Anakin was a sweet, kind man who had my best interests at heart. When I was faced with an assassination attempt by Count Dooku, he and Obi-Wan Kenobi were the ones the Jedi council chose to protect me. I was angry at first, but then I realized that they could find out the truth about who Dooku sent to kill me. Palpatine made me go as a refugee with Anakin to Naboo until Obi-wan caught the assassin. In anger, I accepted the order and chose a secluded cabin for us to stay in by the lake. While there, Anakin confessed his love for me and kissed me. I was surprised, and a little bit mad at him, because he was supposed to be protecting me, not falling in love with me. "Anakin, no," I said sadly. In truth, it isn't that I didn't want Anakin to kiss me, it was that I wasn't ready to fall in love with someone, especially not someone who could lose their job in the Jedi Order. "Why? I love you Padme." Anakin whispered, glancing at the floor. "If the council were to find out, about us, you will be expelled from the Order..." I reprimanded indignantly. In truth, though, I wanted to be with Anakin, but I didn't want to lose my job in the Senate. "I don't care if the counsel finds out... I love you!'' Anakin replied. "Marry me, please! I lost my mother only yesterday. I need you!" "But...," I stuttered anxiously. "But nothing! I love you Padme Amidala, and I want to marry you! please! We can keep it a secret from everyone, couldn't we?" "It would destroy us, though." I chided. " I don't want to lose my position and I know you are the same way!" "Okay, Okay fine. But I still love you, and I want you to know that..." Anakin yelled at the top of his lungs. "Anakin, you don't need to yell. I love you too, but I don't want to put our jobs at risk just for love." I said anxiously. "I want to marry you, but, now's not the time to do that. My term's almost up in the Senate, and after that, we'll see." "Really? You... mean it?" He asked cautiously, not wanting to believe it. "Yes!" I breathed. "I do love you, and, I want to marry you!" At that, Anakin leaned down and kissed me again, and this time, I let him.

                                                                 ~ One Month Later~

If I imagined anything about my wedding, it was all fancy and my friends and family were witnesses... That's not at all what it was like. Never in my wildest dreams, and some were really crazy, did I expect to be married in an isolated cabin, in a plain cotton wedding dress and a few roses, with only two droids as witnesses to the Holy man's blessing. Our vows were spoken, and we were pronounced husband and wife. Anakin raised his now mechanical hand,(courtesy of Count Dooku ,) to my shoulder, looked into my eyes, and kissed me like he's never kissed me before. I had no more doubts; Just me and Anakin, and the scent of dying roses in the garden below.