1. Protection

!!! This book is really old, and I wrote it when I was an idiotic weeb, so in other words, nothing makes sense, the reader will do questionably stupid things, fall in love FAR too quickly, and there are probably things that ignore parts of Inuyasha's plot! I'm not going to correct it though, cause that'd mean changing the story, so instead just enjoy this clusterfück and take everything with a massive pinch of salt !!!

---

You wandered around the wide-open field of flowers. It was peaceful as it usually was, and you could spend days on end here. Your late parents loved it too, but they were killed by Naraku, the disgusting half-breed. You wanted to kill him, but you knew you stood no chance.

You were a demon, able control nature and enchant people with flowery miasmas and aromas. This was a reason why you loved flowers and plants so much more than others.

It was a normal day in the field, and you lay underneath one of the oldest oak trees you knew. You were enjoying the wind flowing through your (H/C) hair, until...

KABOOM

An explosion made you jerk awake, and you sighed as you stood up. The loud noise came from the left of you, and you leapt into the nearby trees, jumping along them. You could smell the scent of two demons and a human; a strange combination. They emerged from the bushes below you, and you peered down.

'A frog demon, a small human girl, and a dog demon? He's kinda good-looking though.' You thought mischievously, but you shook the thought out of your head quickly enough, moving onto other thoughts instead.

You continued to observe them as they made their way to your field. Your gaze was drawn to the dog demon; his long, silky, white hair, his alluring golden eyes and the stoic expression on his face. His golden eyes met yours—he'd found you out.

'Dammit!' You thought as you tried to back away. Too late, he swiped his claws up into the trees, and you barely dodged them. He turned to his two companions.

"Jaken, take Rin to the field up ahead," he said calmly, you left down from your hiding spot. You didn't intend on fighting anytime soon, but he looked like he could fight anytime he saw fit. You snapped out a Japanese-styled fan from your belt; it was decorated with floral patterns, and although it didn't look like much, it was more powerful than it seemed. The dog demon launched towards you first and swiped at you with his claws, you dodged with ease. He kept attacking and you kept dodging. You smirked, starting to get cocky.

He drew one of his two blades from his belt and sliced at you, releasing a powerful wave that swept all the way down the path. It travelled down to the flower field. You dodged the attack, and put your fan back in your belt. That field meant everything to you, it was like your lifeline. You ignored your attacker and dashed down the path, getting there just before the strike hit. You jumped in front of it, and everything went black.

~~~

Sesshōmaru's POV:

After defeating some pathetic monks, we carried on our journey to find Naraku. As we walked through the forest path, I smelt a demon nearby. Whoever was stupid enough to spy on me was up in the trees. I sliced up into the foliage with my claws. Whoever this was, they were fast enough to dodge.

"Jaken, take Rin the field ahead," I said. That left me with no distractions. It was just me and this demon, and she shouldn't be too tough of an opponent. She jumped down from the trees, and I saw that she had (H/C) hair and alluring (E/C) eyes. I was the first to make a move, and she dodged and dodged and dodged, but she wasn't attacking. She was either too afraid, or there was another reason I wasn't aware of. I sighed and unsheathed my Tokijin. I sliced down the path. She dodged it, but then she started to completely ignore me. She rushed down the path and jumped right in front of my attack. I walked over to where her lifeless body lay. Rin and Jaken came running over.

"Lord Sesshōmaru!" They yelled in complete unison, and they stared at the demon that lay sprawled before them.

"I-Is she d-dead?" Rin stuttered.

"Ha! Serves her right! How dare she defy Lord Sesshō-" I cut off Jaken with a punch to the head, and I walked away until I heard a groan of pain.

She was alive?

---