9. Voices

You, Sesshomaru, Rin and Jaken trekked along the green hills. Now everything was finally over and put to rest and you were an official member of Sesshomaru's crew (proclaimed by Rin). Sesshomaru could continue on with his search for Naraku. It was his main objective from the start until he fought you and things went a bit sideways.

You happily walked alongside Sesshomaru, enjoying his company more than anything. Jaken would often complain about something, which most of the time resulted in a rock thrown at his head by Sesshomaru, leaving you to quietly giggle along.

Everything was happy.

Everything was normal.

Though one day, things weren't so normal; things weren't so happy. You'd just cleared a forest of demons with Sesshomaru and soon passed through it after dealing with some annoying and persistent monks, but suddenly you sensed something off...

There was a strange voice in your head. You glanced over to Sesshomaru and he hadn't seemed to have noticed anything out of the ordinary. This was a 'surprise' specially for you. You continued to walk and tried to think nothing of it.

But the voice kept murmuring things over and over, and still you clenched your fists and walked on to not arise any suspicion. You couldn't let it bother you, otherwise, they would have won the battle.

But then the voice began to introduce itself. Just what was it planning?

"Hello (F/N) (L/N)." It spoke, exaggerating your last name slightly in particular. It gave off an evil laugh. A laugh you clearly recognised. A laugh that haunted your dreams.

"My name is Naraku." You froze. He only had to say that to get your full attention. Luckily neither Jaken, Rin or Sesshomaru had noticed that you had stopped. The voice continued its ramblings.

"Yes... I'm the one... The one who murdered your family. I certainly enjoyed it!" He said in a menacing tone. Yet another evil laugh though this one was more mocking. "Watching your mother split in half! That really made me laugh!" This was just a game to him, but it was really affecting you.

You fell down to your knees finally attracting the attention of Sesshomaru, Rin and Jaken. Whatever Naraku was doing, it was working. Flashes of images of your parent's deaths flashed through your mind. Over and over. Split in half. They wouldn't stop, they'd just get worse.

Sesshomaru walked over to you but you were too occupied to notice. It was like you were going insane. He was making you go insane. Just death, death, death. Sure, it was in a demons nature to kill and you had certainly killed your fair share of worthless demons, but demons were allowed to have feelings right?

All the fear that had been previously erased by Sesshomaru came rushing back with full force. With one last laugh; the voice was gone. You looked down at your hands. Your head was spinning. Was it your fault? No. That's what he wants you to believe. To believe you'll be alone forever. Forever.

Sesshomaru lightly tried to grab your arm but you panicked and shuffled away, now sat down on the floor. Finally, dizziness took over you and you fell backwards. Sesshomaru quickly caught you. A black miasma swirled around your unconscious body and darted off in one direction.

Sesshomaru flashed it a dirty look. How had he not noticed?! And it was hiding in her all along! He had to be more careful. He had to watch over her more.

"Jaken," he said sternly.

"Oh! Yes, Lord Sesshomaru!?" Jaken replied hurriedly. Of course, he wasn't really bothered about your well being at all. Or if he was, he certainly didn't like to show it.

"Take (F/N) and Rin over to the nearby field," he said, instantly flying off afterwards. Jaken sighed. Maybe someday he'd get to fight alongside his Lord! But probably not...

But more importantly, finally Sesshomaru could sense it. Naraku was nearby.

---