8. Content

You and Sesshōmaru returned to the campsite where Jaken and Rin still slept. It was only just the crack of dawn so they shouldn't be up yet. Sesshōmaru kept an eye on you, and he was being extra cautious. You were saved by your parents, and it was a gift you couldn't throw away. You were happy, and you were allowed to stay with Sesshōmaru and you even got the chance to say goodbye to your parents properly. Although it didn't mean you'd forget what happened that night they died.

Sesshōmaru gazed down at you, and you had a warm smile plastered on your face that just wouldn't fade. You and Sesshōmaru sat down up against the tree again, Sesshōmaru's arm was protectively wrapped around you. Looking up to see his face, you saw an expression you'd never saw out of him. He was afraid. Afraid you die. You placed your hand on top of his. He turned his head to look into your eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere, don't worry." You yawned as you spoke. "Please... Don't... Be... Afraid.." With that, you drifted off to sleep. Sesshōmaru gazed down at your sleeping figure.

"Stupid..." He muttered, but he loosely placed his other hand on top of yours.

~~~

You woke up with the feel of hot breath tickling your face. You looked up at Sesshōmaru, gazing at his peaceful expression. This was a rare sight, as he was normally stoic and quiet, and not much emotion passed over his face and the only time it did was last night. The sun was only just rising but no light blanketed the hills yet. The fire had burned out, and you lightly blew on it, sparking the flame once again to keep Rin warm.

You wanted to visit your old house. Even though it was burnt down, your parents' graves lay in the flower field. You plucked some flowers from the ground and made your way through the field. You placed them on the gravestones and smiled. If Sesshōmaru had woken up, surely he would be worried, you could get back there quick enough before he woke up... Or you thought you did anyway.

~~~

Sesshōmaru's POV:

Sesshōmaru's eyes flickered open. The sun was just rising and light peeked up from over the mountain. He moved his arm, only just realising that (F/N) , who was previously lying beside him, was gone. There was no sign of you up on top of the hill either. He quickly rose to his feet. What if she was captured, in danger, or already dead? His mind kept flashing back to the previous night. Rin and Jaken were still asleep so he had some time to look.

He checked everywhere, the hill, the trees, the open nearby fields, the last place she could be was the demon infested forest. It was dangerous and full of above average strength demons. He had reason to be worried. He heard Rin groan as she stirred and eventually woke up. She noticed Sesshōmaru stood up and not sat down like he normally was.

"Lord Sesshōmaru? What's wrong? Where's Lady (F/N)?" She said rubbing her eyes, using the word 'Lady' in respect. Rin was respectful and kind to everyone though.

"Rin, stay here with Jaken and A-Un, I'm going to look for (F/N)," he said, hiding the slight fear in his voice. Sesshōmaru didn't need his sword to clear the forest, just his claws. He cracked the bones in his hands as he set off. Although before he could make any headway, the bushes rustled to single something coming. Rin turned back around as she headed the sound, and Sesshōmaru readied his claws.

Although he lowered them and felt relief as he saw you wandering out of the forest picking petals of a large sunflower you held in your hand. You smiled as you pulled off the last petal.

"So he likes me right...?" You muttered to yourself. You dropped the stem of the leaf on the floor and looked up, meeting the eyes of Sesshōmaru. He was just glad you were safe. You walked up to him, cocking your head to the side slightly. "What's wrong, were you looking for me?" You asked a smirk spread across your lips. "Did you miss me?"

Sesshōmaru gave you a strict look, which only made you giggle in amusement. But you grabbed his hand and pulled him along with you back to camp, laughing. Although neither of you had never said it, you both had feelings for one another. Someday, you'd both admit it.

All of you were happy, but you knew Naraku was out there. But you also knew that someday, he'd be defeated, if not by you and Sesshomaru, then by someone else. For now, you were content just to stay with Sesshōmaru...

---