7. Second Chance

"(F/N)..?"

A gentle voice cooed your name as softly as a bird. Your eyes flickered open, and there was no floor, no walls and no roof; it was all plain white. A bright light engulfed your vision and two figures appeared as the light died down. There stood a man and women, both extremely familiar.

"Mother! Father!" Your eyes filled with tears and you ran over to them, hugging them both tightly. You could touch them, and they weren't visions or dreams, all part of your imagination and nightmares. Your mother stroked your hair gently.

"You've done well... We're glad to see you again. But.." You pulled away, confused. She glanced downwards, and as you followed her gaze, you noticed that you could see back down to earth, back to where your body lay. Sesshōmaru hadn't left, he held your body tightly for a few long seconds and then gently placed it down. This was a sight you'd never seen.

"Sesshōmaru.." You mumbled. Your mother smiled at you.

"Go," she simply said. Before you could explain the obvious, you're father intervened.

"We'll lend you our power," he said ruffling your hair. Your eyes filled with tears and you hugged both your parents tightly.

"Thank you, father, mother." You smiled and pulled away. They both smiled as they started to dissolve into tiny specks of light. The specks of light floated towards you and dissolved into where your torso was cut. The cut sealed up, and the specks of light disappeared. You felt happy, you'd get to see Sesshōmaru again.

~~~

Sesshōmaru's POV:

How could I let this happen?! I let her die, I let (F/N) die. I punched the ground and gritted my teeth. Even after 15 minutes I still couldn't drag myself away from her body. A sudden rush of light started emanating from (F/N)'s body. The light rushed through the large cut on her chest and stomach, and it gave off a strange smell of flowers.

What was going on?

All the blood that was splattered on the floor was absorbed back through the cut, and the cut sealed leaving faint scars. The light shone like a beacon.

~~~

You let your eyes adjust to the bright light around you. Once it had died down you were no longer with your parents. You took a deep breath, pulling in as much oxygen as you could. You could see Sesshōmaru looking over you with a look of shock on his face. He was knelt down in front of you and remained speechless as you came back to life before his eyes.

"Sesshōmaru!" You sat up quickly, and your stomach no longer hurt. Sesshōmaru didn't say anything, and his gaze was affixed to you, eyes wide.

"Are you o-" Before you could finish your sentence, he pulled you into his arms, still speechless. You felt your eyes fill with tears. "I'm okay now... I'm fine... I'm fine.." You said reassuringly. Though even though you tried to reassure him, you couldn't help but crumble into tears. With that you hugged him tight and buried your head in his fur, crying.

"I'm glad I can be with you now, forever.."

---