2. Stuck

'What's going on? What happened to me?' You thought, your vision dark. You groaned in pain as you tried to move. Your whole body hurt, but your eyes started to open. Surveying your surroundings, there was the same little girl and frog demon you'd seen earlier.

"Lord Sesshōmaru, she's awake!" The little girl yelled, smiling down at you. You were lying flat on your back, and when you tried to sit up pain rushed through your stomach and chest.

"Agh..." You winced in pain but forced yourself to sit up. It was that blast from the dog demon's sword. That same white-haired dog demon who you had earlier carelessly deemed 'attractive', and who had then nearly killed you, was sat over on a rock nearby.

"Are you okay Miss?" The little girl asked, and you wanted to scowl and say 'Of course I'm not,' but how could you say that to a little girl trying to help you? Your expression softened slightly, and you turned to face her.

"Where... Where am I? And why'd you help me?" You questioned. The frog demon sighed.

"You should be grateful! It's not every day Lord Sesshōmaru decides to help some weak, half-dead forest demon!" He pouted. You glanced over to 'Lord Sesshōmaru'—well, more like glared. You growled slightly as his golden eyes met yours. It was his fault you were injured! He was the first to look away, and you couldn't help but feel like you'd just won a staring contest. You turned your attention back to the little girl and the frog demon.

"You must be tough miss! Lord Sesshōmaru said he was impressed!" She beamed as she told you as if it was a good thing, but to you, it was far from it. "My name's Rin, and this is Master Jaken!"

"So, that's the jerk who almost killed me other there?" You scoffed.

"How dare you talk about Lord Sesshōmaru like that!" He said waving his staff at you, which you easily knocked back.

"My name's (F/N)," you said, ignoring the very annoyed Jaken next to you. "Thanks for saving me, but I have to go." You tried to stand up, only to stumble back down as your body flared in pain. Rin tried to help you but you held out your hand to stop her. You forced yourself to stand up fully and started to limp away until a voice stopped you.

"Fool. What do you hope to accomplish in your state?" Sesshōmaru's cold voice sounded from behind you. You swiftly turned around, gripping your stomach. You gave him a glare.

"Yeah! Well, I'm not getting anywhere sitting around here!" You pouted. "While I appreciate what you did—even though it was your fault in the first place–I have to go back to my field." You tried to take another step forward but ended up stumbling down to your knees. Rin ran other to you.

"Please, Lady (F/N)! You have to stay! You'll die otherwise!" She begged until you gave in. You had no other choice. Sitting down on the cold ground, you surrendered.

Either die or stay with them and live...

---