End

"Get away from her Naraku," Sesshomaru demanded as the rubble of the broken wall cleared. He raised his hands showing off his claws. Your eyes welled up with tears and you took a sigh of relief. You were about to run towards him, but you suddenly were dragged backwards. You back hit the wall and you felt a sharp pain stab through both your palms.

Naraku had used two of his tentacles to stab through your hands to pin you up to the wall. You were pinned down, utterly trapped.

"You're not going anywhere," Naraku laughed. "I'll make sure you meet the same fate as your parents," he said making your breath hitch in your throat. Sesshomaru launched towards Naraku, engaging him in a fight. While Sesshomaru sliced his sword at Naraku, Naraku sent tentacles and miasma at Sesshomaru. All the time you were stuck watching.

The fan that allowed you to use your power was lying just out of reach. You tried to kick it towards yourself, but you couldn't stretch your feet far enough.

"Please... Come here!" You hissed at it. Finally seeing the situation was hopeless you gave up. What were you meant to do, you could fight without the fan, but you needed your hands for that and they were currently pinned against the wall.

'Concentrate.'

Your eyes widened. That was your mother's voice. You looked around the room, though you knew she wasn't there. That seemed to be all she had to say. But you quickly understood what she meant.

You remembered a long time ago when you were still a little kid, your mother had just given you your fan as a present. You had been so excited about it and instantly wanted to test out your new power. You mother had laughed at your eagerness but told you something before you ran off. At the time, you never understood what the meant, but now you were older and had more experience. You finally got it.

'If you ever lose your fan, or if it ever breaks, then if you try hard enough you should be able to use your powers without it. Just listen. Listen to nature. I'm sure if you concentrate hard, you'll find your strength.'

Your younger self had given your mother a confused look but she just lightly giggled and waved you off to play.

You listened, ignoring all the noise from Sesshomaru and Naraku's fight and began to listen to the nature around the castle. The floor, the walls, the animals, and all the plants.

Suddenly something clicked.

You grinned slightly as you felt a sudden power rise in your chest. You didn't even need to lift a finger. You focused your vision on the floorboards next to where Naraku was currently stood. Those two could have fought forever, you had to stop them now.

The floorboards began to crack, attracting the attention of both Naraku and Sesshomaru. Suddenly a blinding green light flowed out of the cracks in the floorboards; Sesshomaru lept back quickly, while Naraku stupidly stood there staring. The light suddenly faded, and vines and roots broke the wooden floor. The crawled and climbed up Naraku's legs and wrapped themselves around him.

"What!?" Naraku exclaimed, sending a glare over to you. You sent a grin back at him. Now, who was trapped? He couldn't do anything at all as the vines started to overwhelm him. He scowled as he disappeared into a black cloud of miasma. The tentacles the pinned you to the wall crumbled into black dust, finally setting you free.

"He escaped..." You muttered, inspecting the wounds on your hands. You walked over to Sesshomaru who had slipped his sword back into its sheath. He turned to face you and you instantly flashed him a grin.

"Thank you for coming to save me Sesshomaru," you said feeling your cheeks heat up red slightly. He gave a small nod and swished around to face the exit of the castle.

"We're going," he said simply. You nodded and quickly followed as he walked out of the castle.

~~~

The sun was now setting and you and Sesshomaru were nearly back at camp. Suddenly Sesshomaru spoke, attracting your attention.

"(F/N)." You turned your head to face him.

"Huh? Yeah, what..?" You sighed slightly, was he going to tell you off on how reckless and stupid you had been. Something like 'You need to be more careful.' Turns out you couldn't be more wrong.

"I love you."

"I kno-" It took about three seconds for the realisation to set it. Your face went bright red. "What!?"

You thought he was actually just going to complain about your recklessness, so you instantly tried to counter with 'I know,' but he wasn't complaining at all. He didn't seem the least bit nervous about confessing his feeling to you at all. It didn't take long for you to become a stuttering mess.

"I-I err... W-Wha-"

You were cut off as the dog demon softly pressed his lips against yours. At first, you were shocked, but you quickly relaxed into the kiss and wrapped your arms around Sesshomaru's neck, deepening the kiss. Soon you both had to break apart for air.

Your face was bright red, but you wore a happy smile on your face. At least you could say you were glad you'd met him that day in the flower field, even if it did mean going through that pain. Finally, you managed to respond, with a big grin.

"I love you too."

FIN

---

If you made it through this terribly old fanfic, then I applaud you, because oH mY GoD is it stupid. Reader literally walks off of a cliff at one point I mean what??? If you enjoyed anyway, then please do tell me ^^ I'll write a better fanfic for Sesshomaru eventually, but for now I'm just glad I've finally finished checking this over for grammatical errors ;;