• 5 •

if ariel was here, we would be talking about this now. i havent really been wanting to talk to our other friends bc they'll want to talk about that night and.. im just not ready.
i got a call from an unknown number. 
i rolled my eyes.
"hello," i said bluntly.
"wazzup sweet thang," i heard a familiar voice. i recognized it as once.
"your that kid from the funeral! how did you get my number!!" I demand.
"woah woah woah momma calm down! jack gave it to me and its cameron to you,"
"im sorry i couldnt hear you, my fuckboy alarm was too loud,"
"ha, ha, very funny,"
"you should put a condom on your head. if you want to act like a dick you should dress like one too," I said strongly and hung up.
great, now he has my number.
i put him in my contacts as "fukboii😒" and went downstairs.
"hey sweetie!" mom said. she had just gotten off work.
"hey," i said. i grabbed some pudding and headed for the couch.
"did you have a good day at work? i asked.
"yeah. we need to talk," she trailed off.
"why what is it?" i was worried.
"i got fired today," she said almost all at once.
"mom," i looked scared at her.
"what happened now is that i find a new job. but can you get one too? its gonna be a while before i can find one," i didnt know how to take this. we were gonna be struggling in only a few months time. no food on the table, no electricity or anything.
"im so sorry mom," i said, lost for words.
"its ok sweetie, its not your fault,"
i sighed and opened my pudding. the funeral was only 2 weeks ago but it still feels like it was yesterday. i cant belive that idiot had the guts to kiss me, and i cant believe that i kept thinking about it. did i like it? no, no. he was a jerk. ive never seen him around school before, but im sure hes there somewhere. and it starts back up in a week and a half so i see him there. great. just right what in needed.