• 8 •

After school, I went all over town asking for applications and asking about jobs.
I got applications for McDonald's, Wendy's, Walmart, the local shaved ice stand, the pet store, and White Castle. At least one of these places has to give me a job.
When I got home I spent ages filling them all out and making sure they were all perfect. I can do my homework later.
As I was filling out the forms for White Castle, my mind drifted to Cameron. What kind of game is he trying to play? He actually wasn't that horrible today in class to me. He gives me annoying feelings. Maybe going out with him wouldn't be that bad?
No Cassidy, stop it with that none sense. He's a fuckboy and a douche. Don't get involved.
But his hair. And his chocolate eyes. Ugh what's wrong with me!?
I finished the White Castle application right as mom got home.
"Hey sweetie how are you? How was school?" She asked.
"It was alright I guess," I shrugged.
"Well that's alright. I just went to the store, we were out of milk. We're gonna have breakfast for dinner tonight," she told me as she walked into the kitchen.
I got out my book bag and did the little bit of homework I had.
"Did you get any applications today?" She asked me.
"Yeah I did actually. I got a bunch,"
"Well that's nice. I've been looking but I can't quite find any," she sighed.
"It'll be ok. It will all work out mom," I smiled.
She faintly smiled back and got out some eggs. I helped her and got out some bacon.
"Is Cody home?" I asked.
"Um yeah he's probably in his room," she responded. That's probably right, he's never out and about, always in his room.
We finished making dinner and I went up to get Cody.
"knock knock" i said as i walked in.
"what do you want?" he said with sass.
"i was just going to tell you that dinner was ready" i scoffed at him.
"ok fine," i said and left. he got back to his xbox game and i slammed his door behind me.