• 7 •

"long time no see, how've you been sweet thing," he said and winked at me. i cant believe he has the nerve. I pushed him away and looked for an extra seat, but there wasn't any.
I gave him a dirty look and he looked appalled.
"how dare you look at me that way!"
"oh sorry. i didnt realize it had feelings," i said smartly.
Just then the teacher walked in.
"i hope you like who your sitting by because these are your permeant partners and seats. now i want everyone to open up the textbooks on their desks to page 7. read 7-15 and close the book when done. this is the introduction to social studies,"
i sighed and opened the book. cameron did the same, except for the sigh. he looked rather pleased with himself.
i read the first page and flipped it.
"damn that was fast,"
"im a fast reader,"
i said. he said something else but i blocked it out.
after i was all done i closed my book shoved it to the front of the desk.
he gave me a "holy hell how in the world" look but i ignored it. after school today im going to apply at every fast food restaurant and every store in the area. i need to do it for me and my mom.
"ok now everybody i want you to write me a paragraph on something you would like to learn this year. if you dont get done its homework."
i went straight to work and wrote a crappy paragraph about how id like to learn more about the civil war and how the confederate flag affects us today. it wasnt the best but i shouldnt set the bar high for myself.
once again, cameron gave me a "what the fuck how are you done so fast" look and again, i ignored it.
i glanced over and he had one sentence.
I continued to think about our situation now. About how different its going to be.
I wish dad was here. he left us when mom was pregnant with cody.
i have faint memories of him, but not alot. mom said when i was very little that hes in jail now. i dont know if hes there now or what, just that he mustve hurt mom really bad because she hasnt talked about him since.
"ok class ill see you tomorrow. if you have your papers done you can turn them into me as we leave," he said. i took my time packing up after the bell rang, and cameron didnt move a muscle.
"please leave," i mumbled as he followed me out of the classroom.
"why would i leave you gorgeous face?" he said smoothly.
"right," i said sarcastically.
"its true," he said seriously.
i was getting to my class so i just said "mkay," and walked in. Im not about to get involved with his fuckboy self. not today satan, not today.