The New Kid

Annabeth's P.O.V.

"Annabeth! There's a new camper!" Lacy barged into my cabin but stopped short when she saw my puffy eyes and tear stained face. "Um..." She started backing away.

"No, wait. I'm coming." I wiped my face, grabbed my dagger, and walked out, following Lacy.

---------------------------Time Skip---------------------------

"Um...why are you all staring at me?" The new boy said and my jaw dropped open. He was gorgeous! His brown hair was all combed in place; not most boys can tame their hair. His amber eyes shined brightly in the light. He had a tiny scar over his eye, and he...

Cut it out Chase! Your heart's already been broken twice. You don't need anymore boys in you life. Annabeth chided herself silently. But then she looked deep into his eyes and couldn't pull herself away.

"Uh...Annabeth?" Lacy questioned. Annabeth shook herself out of her stupor and responded,

"What's your name?"

"I'm Jake. And who might you be?"

"I'm Annabeth. How did you get here?"

"I was attacked by a dracnae. I stabbed her with a stick and kept running until I arrived here. I know I'm a demigod, my dad is Zeus. I've already been claimed, by the way." He said confidently.

"Well Jake, welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I'll show you to your cabin, and then we'll go on a tour of the camp, okay?"

"Sounds great!" h

---------------------------One month later-------------------------

"Jake! Get over here! We need some help!" Jake looked over and nodded. He sliced the hellhound he was fighting with in half, then ran over to Annabeth. He dodged a blow from the Cyclopes she was fighting, then called down lighting and blasted him into pieces. Soon, all the monsters were sent to Tartarus.

"Good job Chase." Jake smiled.

"You too Bailey."

"Stop calling me that!"

"Only if you stop calling me Chase." Annabeth grinned. "Maybe if you would just-" She was cut off when Jake suddenly kissed her. They stayed that way for a few seconds, but then she came to her senses and pulled away.

"Hey, what's wr-?"

"Stay away from me!" Annabeth pushed him down and ran into the woods, as far away from their makeshift shelter as possible. Then she collapsed to the ground, sobbing. "Percy! I miss you so much! I wish you'd come back to me!" She waited for a familiar voice, but she heard nothing but the waves from the sea below the cliff she was on. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. She jumped up, ran to the edge of the cliff, and leaped off. The water churned 300 feet below her, and as she hit, she imagined her kiss with Percy on his 16th birthday. Then, everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everybody! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!