Unexpected Visitor

Annabeth's P.O.V.

Annabeth opened her eyes and immediately screamed.

Or at least, she tried to. The moment she opened her mouth, a hand clamped down on it, cutting off her cry. Her eyes widened as she tried to pull the hand off, but she found that she couldn't move. Two other figures were restraining her hands and feet. She struggled against them, but their grips were iron. Still, she kept kicking out with her feet until she heard a familiar voice.

"Annabeth! It's me!" the voice hissed, and she stopped struggling. The hand came off her mouth, but she didn't yell.

"Jake?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yes! Please remain quiet. I'm trying to get you out of here!" Annabeth frowned at his angry tone, but she didn't say anything. Jake motioned to the others holding her, and she was gently lowered to the ground, her arms and legs released. She sighed and looked over at him.

"Jake...about what happened after the battle..." she started but Jake cut her off.

"No. Don't say anything. I get it. You were still grieving over Percy. I shouldn't have kissed you. I'm sorry," he said gently.

"No...I'm sorry. I have to get over him eventually. I mean you're just as cute as he is! I mean... ERGH! Ok, what I'm trying to say is...I like you Jake. Would you-" Jake cut her off again.

"Say no more, Annie. I like you too," and with that he pulled her towards him and kissed her. She tensed up at first, but then relaxed and kissed him back. After a few more seconds, she broke off at looked at him.

"Jake. Oh my gods. I just realized...he wants me too kill all of you! I don't know why he didn't come tonight, but he's not going to stop! Jake you have to get away from me. I don't want to hurt you. Please, just leave," Annabeth pushed him away from her.

"Annie? What do you mean?" he said as he walked towards her.

"Don't question me, please. I don't know when he'll be back for me," she said, her eyes filling with tears.

"Annie. Nothing's going to happen if you're with me. Trust me," he grabbed her hand. She shook his hand off of her's and pushed him away again.

"Stay away Jake. You don't know what's going on," she said, trying to get him to leave. He sighed, and to her surprise, pulled out a small vial.

"Well, I didn't want to do this, but if you're not going to listen..." he smashed the vial on the floor, and the room filled with smoke. Annabeth's vision clouded as she tried to search for the door. Before she could go, however, someone grabbed her from behind and tied her hands together. She let out a scream, hoping that someone would hear and help her. The same person tied rags around her mouth and eyes. She struggled to escape, but her attempts were in vain.

Annabeth suddenly cried out in pain when a hand struck her across the face. Again, she tried to escape the clutch of her captor, but again, she could not. She heard Jake's voice right next to her, and sensed that he had been the one to hit her.

"I know you're probably thinking what I'm going to do with you. So I'll spare you the pain and tell you. You see, there are powers even greater than Gaea. One of them has promised me power and glory, on one condition. The first part of it was to join Camp Half-Blood as a spy. The second part...well let's just say I needed someone to sacrifice. And that sacrifice will be you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you so much for 1K reads! My story would be nothing without the support of you guys! <3

-GreekGeek3