Pain and Suffering

Percy's P.O.V.

"Percy? Percy? Percy! Percy please wake up!" A girl's voice said frantically above me.

"Annabeth?" I murmured sleepily.

"Oh, thank gods he's awake." An anxious face swam into my vision. All of a sudden all the memories came rushing back.

"Annabeth!" I repeated, more urgently. "What happened to Annabeth?!"

"Percy, please relax! You've already had enough pain and suffering in one day." The face became clearer.

"Mom?"

"Yes, dear. It's me." My mom was on Olympus. MY MOM WAS ON OLYMPUS!

"Mom, how are you here! I thought mortals weren't allowed to come!" I sat up.

"Sweetie...you have to rest."

"NO! WHY ARE YOU HERE!" My mom flinched at my tone, and I felt a little guilty.

"Percy...Poseidon made me immortal so we could all be a family together." My mom said nervously. "Why don't we have a picnic, just the three of us? It would be nice,"

"NO! I'M NOT GOING TO PRETEND TO ENJOY A PICNIC WHILE ANNABETH'S DEAD!" I bellowed. My mom shrunk back from me.

"Well, we'll just go on our own, then," she turned and walked away. I realized that I may have been a little harsh on her, and was about to call her back to apologize, but she was already gone. I transported myself back to my room and crashed on the couch. I grabbed a glass of water and dumped it on my head. Immediately, strength poured into me. I snapped his fingers and mist appeared. I threw in a drachma and asked for my mother, but was shocked when I saw she was crying.

"I just can't believe he yelled at me. I don't know what I've done wrong. Paul, I even had to lie to him about being immortal. I can't tell him that Poseidon gave up part of his power just to bring me here for a day, so Percy could be happy. He would be devastated if he knew. I wish-" I swiped his hand through the mist and cut the connection.

His dad had given up his powers...for him? I had to talk to my dad.

"DAD!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. A second later he appeared, a smile on his face. Before I could speak, he hugged me tight.

"Percy...Annabeth's alive!" I froze.

"That's not possible. I saw her hit the water."

"Percy, I saw her fall, and I made a cushion around that protected her. She has a few scratches, and she's unconscious, but she's safe and alive. I left her at the palace with an air bubble surrounding her. Would you like to come see h-" I leaped up and squeezed him tight.

"Thank you Dad, thank you!" We stayed that way for a few seconds, then Poseidon let go. He waved his wand and we were whisked off to a room in his underwater palace. There, staring out the window, was Annabeth. In that moment, all my worries vanished.

"Annabeth!" I called out. "Annabeth!" She turned around and my heart skipped a beat. Her hair was beautifully messy, and the scratches on her face made her look even more amazing. Her grey eyes sparkled in the light. But my smile dropped as she looked at me blankly.

"Who are you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, my amazing readers! Are you enjoying the story so far? >:)

QOTC: What was the name of the school that Rachel didn't want to go to?

-GreekGeek3