chapter1

A.N dontt know if I mentioned this but jace is 16 .

I wake up as usual with an early morning beating from the oh so lovely luca and get to work on making the pack breakfast. Once ive finished I go back down to the basement and get ready for school. I slip on a pair of skinny jeans , a big sweater and my beanie. I shove on all my wristbands to make sure I cover all my scars. You see when you have been abused everyday for the last 6 years you need a release and mine is self harm. Its not as though anybody cares anyway im expecting even my mate to reject me. Unfortunately my school is 45 minutes away from the pack house and it takes me twice as long with my 5'2" height. My walk to school is one of the only times I get to think. I think about all that has happened in the last 6 years and wonder why me?. What did I ever do to deserve this?. But as usual the voices im my head answer that question for me and remind me that I am worthless. If you didnt get the hint yes I am schizophrenic and nobody else knows about it but I hide it away. Its just one of my many secrets.
AT SCHOOL:
I walk into school with my head down and let my hair cover my eyes hoping that I will go unnoticed but with my luck I am slammed against the locker by luca ,and that bitch serena just stands there laughing at me like a deranged seal. What I would do just to smash her face in but I cant. Luca says if I speak then he will let me off with my second daily beating but I havent spoke in the last 4 years and dont plan on doing so. Ever. So as usual I get knocked to the floor and just lie there motionless as luca shouts his friends over to join in . They beat me until I am drifting in and out of consciousness and leave sniggering. I use the lockers and drag myself into a standing position. Then walk to my first class.
Skip to lunch time:
I sit alone outside under the big tree at the back of the field and luca strolls over just to bully me further.
"I see your not eating again you fag"
I dont reply to him.
"Not going to reply you mute freak well you dont deserve food anyway your too fat " then he strolls off laughing
I would of cried but I didnt want to give him the satisfaction.
Skip to end of school:
I walk home and make the packs dinner . Once im finished I grab a glass of water and go to my room. I pull out my razor and slice my arms without even thinking . I look down at my arm and realise what I have carved. It was what luca said to me and I believed it. FAT.