Chapter 5

"I can't...believe.....you did that!" Aliyah says in between laughs. She was gripping on her locker handle with the other hand on her stomach. I watch her die in laughter as I laugh along with her.

So yeah, I told her everything that happened this morning. I mentally give myself a pat on the back, I'm so proud of me! He deserved that. And plus it was funny, so that's a plus.
The shrill of the bell rang in my ears as students swarm in and out of classes. Start of period 1. And crap, Aaron's in my first period class....

I'll just try to avoid him, keep my head down, not speak, not raise my hand, not breathe, just not do anything. But of course the opposite always happens, luck is never on my side.

"I'm here, I'm here!" I rush into class. I'm late because I got distracted talking to Aliyah. And today is the day Aaron chooses to come to class on time. Of course all eyes were on me, including Aaron's. "Detention, Ms Mathews", Mr Lowell says in a bored tone. Of course, why would he care? But guess who cares? Me. Because I was the one who's getting detention. So me being me, I just had to talk back to the teacher. Note the sarcasm.
"But I'm only 5 minutes late! You can't possibly detain me for 30 minutes only for 5 minute of lateness."
Mr Lowell gave me a stern look, "Yes Ms Mathews, I can. Because I'm the teacher here", as if I didn't know that piece of information. I roll my eyes and groan quietly. I take the detention slip from him and look for an empty seat, which happens to be the one next to Aaron. Do you see how wonderful my luck is? Again, note the sarcasm.

As I take my seat, Aaron is glaring at me. Well, I know what for. Everything that happened this morning.
And that was another mistake to think about this morning because I burst into giggles right then and there!
I watch Aaron's face turn shocked as my giggles turn into quiet laughs. "You're so dead, Ms Mathews" he hissed. "We'll see, Mr Mathews" I hiss back, a smirk playing on my face.

It was decided though, I'd be dead the next time he sees me.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, right until lunch. During lunch, there was quite a bit commotion..

"JORDAN MATHEWS, WHERE ARE YOU!" I freeze in horror. My eyes are widened to an extent and every single eyes in the cafeteria is on me. I look at Aliyah in panic, and see her mirroring my expression.

I'm so screwed, I close my eyes for a second.

I was able to hear Aaron bellow all the way here in the cafeteria. Damn he's mad. I did say sorry..didn't I? Nope. I did not say sorry.
"You're so massively screwed" Aliyah says in a quiet voice. I throw a desperate look at her. "Run!" she hissed.

I could hear footsteps running across to the cafeteria, which means Aaron is almost here! I sprint across to the other exit and still hear the footsteps following me.
I look back and see Aaron almost catching up to me. I push my legs harder, if that was possible.

Everyone in the hallways were watching me run for dear life while Aaron ran after my dear life. I don't dare look back, and after a mili-second, I feel a hand grab my wrists and slam me lightly against the lockers. I come face to face and eye to eye with Aaron Mathews. He held me like he was holding me this morning, my wrists on either side of me. Everyone in the hallway was frozen in track, watching us intimately. Aaron is so close to me right now oh. my. god. Infront of everyone, that too! I hear footsteps running towards us, so I'm able to break our eye contact and look at Aliyah coming towards us.

"Leave her!" Aliyah shrieks as she tries to get Aaron to release me. Aaron gave her just ONE death glare and she backed off. WHAT THE FUDGE!
"You", Aaron starts to say, "owe me so, so much for what you did this morning."
I stare at him wide-eyed. What does he want me to do?! Since I wouldn't be able to figure that question out by myself, I decide its best to ask. "W-what do you want me to do..?" He smirks, "Oh you'll see", and with that he releases me and leaves. I keep my eyes on him as he walked. Though all the OTHER eyes in the hallways were on me!
They're probably thinking about what to say in my funeral, I think to myself gloomily. Goodbye Jordan, I frown.

For the rest of the day i was worried. Why do I keep thinking about it! Of course he's gonna make me do something..but what? Ugh the curiosity.

What if it's something bad? Something embarrassing? Something I'd never do but now I have to? I hate you, Aaron, I say in my head.

Finally it was the end of the school day. Which for me now means detention. I stroll over to detention room and guess who's there? Aaron freakin Mathews. This guy just never leaves me alone!
"You never fail to annoy me" I roll my eyes as I take a seat beside him. In response I get a smirk. "So what is it that I have to do?" He seems taken back by the question. If I owed him something, of course I'd actually do what he tells me to. It's just how it works. "Wow you're a brave lad," lad? "Lad is a boy. And last time I was in the bathroom I checked I'm a girl."
"Oh..I didn't know lad means boy.." he looks down, "but oh well. I didn't think you'd actually agree to it."
"Yeah it's kinda how 'owing' works" I laugh. He doesn't seem that mad anymore.. Thank God.

"So here's what I want you to do.." he starts to say.
Oh boy..here it comes.